Econo Lodge
The Lodge(Waynesville)
  • Pool
Scottish Inn(Maggie Valley)
View Hotel
The Valley Inn(Maggie Valley)
View Hotel
Alamo Motel & Cottages(Maggie Valley)
View Hotel
All reviewswaffle houserocking chairspassing thrua pet friendly hotelwaffle makercontinental breakfastplace to sleepwinding drivethird floorsteep drivewayprivate balconysmall poolbeautiful viewplenty of hot waterbeds were comfortablegreat mountainwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2011

First time, we had to take sleepingpills to be able to sleep - the a/c was so loud. They had spayed the room with some kind of aircleaner and it did stink terrible - but it was cheap and a great view over Smokey Mountains. Staff was very sweet !

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Each room in this hotel probably had the best view of any in the smokies. The switchback driveway reminded us that we were in the mountains. The rooms were perfectly clean. The beds were comfortable and just right for bad backs.
Bring a cooler, the ice maker was broken.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2010

This was the absolute worse hotel expierence I have ever had. We had several friends/ family staying here for an event. Each of had an issue with the girl who answered the phone. So we check in early evening and head out until much later. Once we get into the room and prepare for bed, we find the bathroom door does not close. So we call the front desk. The answer was so rude, I was unsure if I had even gotten the right place. I let the lady know that we needed someone to fix the door and she informed me that a maintenence man could come late morning (when check out was 11). I asked why it could not be done earlier being that I needed to use the bathroom that night, not after I checked out. She gave an unconcerned reply so I asked for a manager. She said there was not one and proceeded to inform me that there was no manager nor maintence because this was "a motel not a hotel". We fixed the door ourselves by removing the hinges and rehanging it correctly. A little bit later, we go to the bathroom and go to lift the toilet seat, and the seat is not even attached! So we call the front desk and have our room switched. We repacked and were moved a couple doors down. The man who moved us was very defensive of the girl at the front desk. He was the manager. She was his wife. So we are in our new room. The heater is too hot or too cold. We settle down to bed and the heater startes making noises like there is a critter in there!! At this point we just laughed it was so bad. So, I go to the bathroom. Turn on the fan... fan goes "clunk, clunk" and then falls off the ceiling!! I am not kidding. In the morning, (included breakfast was pretty bad) we realize there is no iron, no ironing board. So we go to check out and I clamly inform the manager that we have had a terrible expierence. I did not ask for a discount. I just wanted him to know. And he says he can not control if the toilet seat is broken. Granted, things happen, the seat was not even connected. When house cleaning, cleaned it, there would have been no way to miss it. As I attempted to explain this point of view, he became infuriated ana said "I would like to see what your house looks like". I replied that my home was clean and had working toilets. And he says, and I quote "Screw you! Get out! Leave! Leave Now!" I was appaled. So I leave and call my parents who are staying there as well and who had helped move us in the middle of the night. My father goes down to check out and simply says he understood he had been rude to his daughter. and the manager says "Yes, I told her to screw off and I tell you the same thing. Screw off!". Later we are at the event with the rest of our group. One couple, before they learn about story, says their toilet seat was not attached, fell right off and their heater was terrible. Another couple says they had just checked in and the manager told them that our particular group was trouble makers and caused problems. Tell me, how is it appropiate as a manager to tell anyone to screw off and then tell a complete starnger that they were problems. I would never recommend this place or the Super 8 as it is owned and run by the same man. I fully plan to write corporate and the chamber of commerce. Even if this is a "motel" and not a "hotel", I expect a functioning room. And though I am very careful to be polite, even if I had been a jerk, as a manager, he should never had said what he did. Wow. At least now I have a fun story to tell.. right?

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank w0wee
Reviewed 11 September 2009

This hotel is situated right off of the interstate on top of a hill, up a very steap and curvy driveway! A plus is that is has great views from the windows. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is okay. The staff however was very nice! The hotel is close to several restaurants and is not too far from downtown Waynesville.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2008

I booked in this Days inn for two nights to attend a wedding in Lake Junalaska but I cancelled my 2nd night because of the rooms condition and mainly because the employee there doesn't know the meaning of hospitality. The first time I entered our room I should have known then that it was going to be bad when we found out that the room wasn't ready, hamburger paper wrapper was on the desk and also an empty coke drink. When I used the bath, I almost got imprisoned there because the door got stuck on lock and I have to wiggle it hard to get it open. From then on we never close the door again when we use it. The room cost me $80.00 which is not bad considering there is free breakfast in the morning which closes at 9:30. We got there at 9:25 and try to get a bite of what was left but I notice that the cleaning lady is already spraying her cleaning solution on the appliances, tables, without regardsof her cleaning solution getting into the open containers of food. I guess she was mad on us coming at almost closing time and show her anger that way, trying to get us out of the area, soo meanly and without regards for the guest there. I told the front desk about it and he just said he will talk to her. It's a shame that not all days inn are alike. Waynesville Days Inn should get an "F" in my book.

Stayed: August 2008