“Unique atmosphere with a good meal”

Weaverville Milling Company Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Weaverville Milling Company has been around since the 1980's at least with very little change. It's been a bit since I've eaten there, but I believe the "swinging" table is still upstairs. Now that's a dining challenge, especially for a group! The mill no longer operates as a mill but is divided into several casual dining areas, one a covered patio, with just plain good food, mostly American fare, and always a surprising amount, variety, and wonderful homemade desserts. I believe my last dinner was a hearty, delicious meatloaf. Not an extensive wine or beer list but satisfactory. The place is almost like going into someone's home with what I call "local decor" - Knickknacks and antiques,

1  Thank annhhowell

Reviewed 2 October 2011

I live in Weaverville. When I first moved here.I thought the Weaverville Milling Co. looked like a fun place to have dinner. I should have known better because the parking lot never has many cars, even at prime dinner time.

The Friday night we ate at the Weaverville Milling Co. we sat on the back porch. We both ordered a steak and salad. The salad looked like old bag salad from the supermarket! The lettuce even had brown around the edges! It looked like a mixture of iceburg and maybe a little spring mix. Nothing else was on the salad except the lettuce. The salad came with a couple of packages of crackers and ranch dressing which tasted like it came out of a bottle. Bottled ranch is fine at home, but when I go out and I pay these prices I expect fresh made dressing. We also received some small rolls. Nothing special. When the steaks came out I was shocked at my first glance at it. It was as thin and small as a steak could be and still be called a steak. About half of it was fat. It looked like the cheapest cut of meat I'd ever seen in my life and it tasted like it too. A few small dried potatoes came with the meal also.

As we were getting ready to leave a group of 6 men came in and sat near our table. They looked like tourist that just came from the golf course. We discussed "warning" them and advising them to leave now before they order but we refrained. We left still hungry and joked about going through a fast food drive through on the way home. We will never go back!

Since moving to Weaverville, I've now discovered other great restaurants here. You don't have to go to Asheville for a great meal. I recommend Stoney Knob which is less than 1/2 mile from the Weaverville Milling Co. You can not go wrong there! Also Mike's Grill on Main Street in Weaverville has great burgers.

2  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is one of those restaurants that you will remember for a long time. We were visiting the area and wanted to try something that wasn't a chain and saw an advertisment for the Weaverville Milling Company Restaurant. You won't stumble across this restaurant as it is somewhat remote and not in a "business" area. It's worth the time in finding as everyone throughly enjoyed our dining experience. Our group was 3 adults and 4 sixteen year old boys so it was diverse. Everyone enjoyed dining on the open air back porch. Neat things were soda pop that you drink right out of the bottle, chilled glasses for your beer that turned icy when the waitress poured them at your table, wonderful wait staff that made the overall experience unique. My son wanted lemonade which wasn't on the menu but the waitress said she would make some, and DID! Our food ranged from sandwiches, regular menu entrees and the nightly special. Everyone's food was excellent. I don't normally order dessert but seeing other tables get dessert I had to try what looked like (and was) homemade cakes and pies. If I'm ever close to that area again I will make sure that this restaurant is on my dining list!!

Reviewed 11 September 2011

NBHS Class of 1971 says thank you to the Weaverville Milling Company for making our 40th reunion celebration a success! The food, service and venue was perfect! We are looking forward to celebrating our next one with you!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2011

It is so pleasant sitting on the porch in the evening. The service is friendly and accommodating. The rainbow trout specialty is my favorite dinner. There is a special homemade (of course!) sangria that is yummy too.
This old mill was well suited for a restaurant, and you can eat inside in the original structure, or sit out on the added porch.
Besides dinner, I have also attended several functions at "The Mill," and have enjoyed being there at those times.
Save room for a homemade dessert!