“Wonderful visit, the attention to little details makes this a very special place”
Review of The Dry Ridge Inn

The Dry Ridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Weaverville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2008

My wife and I arrived on Sat, 8/30 for our three night stay, and were welcomed by Howard and Kristen. After showing us our room and telling us about the inn, we were given recommendations for dinner. One of them, the Sunnyside Cafe, was within walking distance, so we went there for a great dinner of trout and salmon.

The inn was so homey and comfortable, we really didn't want to leave. On Sunday, we did run down to the folk out center on the Blue Ridge Pkw, and a visit to Black Mountain. When we returned to the inn, the wife took a nap in the room and I took a nap in the hamock in the back, near the hot tub, the grape vine, the bird feeders, the gazebo. There is also a stone patio out from the dining room where you can sit and eat breakfast, with a pool full of fish, and a small waterfall.

On Sunday we went to the BIltmore house, about 15 minutes away. That was a worthwhile tour, but we were frankly glad to get back "home" for a little relaxation before heading out for dinner.

Each room has a gas fireplace, a refrigerator (stocked with cold drinks, water, and beer, free for your use). As well as a TV with a DVD, and hundreds of movies down in the hall. And a clock radio with a CD player, two cd's, and about a hunder more downstairs in the hall. There is also a refrigerator there with cold drinks, beeer, and wine for the guests. And a one cup coffee maker for use when coffee is not in the dining room.

Breakfasts were fantastic each morning. I think my favorite was the stuffed French toast (recipe is in the Weaverville cookbook they have for sale - GET IT.) One morning our server (Howard) was dressed in Scotish kilts. He didn't play his bagpipe, but surely could have.

The best part of the whole think is how Kristen and Howard make you feel so welcome and comfortable. They are just fun, helpful people who you just adore from the start. And nothing was a bother for them. They do so much to make your visit a remarkable event.

We loved it, and will use this inn when we go back to Asheville.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2008

We wern't able to enjoy all that was available, due to a death in the Family. But that was the reason that we found ourselves looking for a place nearby to the family. We were made to feel very welcome and were able to change our reservation to add a guest in an other room and then change to add another day to ours.
The flexiblities of our Hosts were very much appreciated. Thanks,
Mike & Glenna

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2008

The Dry Ridge Inn was a delightful experience. Weaverville is calm and quaint, the perfect place to relax and unwind, yet close to all the activity in Asheville. Rooms, food, service, and all the aspects of "hosting to perfection" made our visit a delight, and one that we hope to repeat.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2008

My wife and I were looking for a weekend getaway, and boy did we find it! I had never been to The Biltmore Estate and had never stayed in a B&B before. But the Dry Ridge Inn made both of my firsts, ones to be remembered! Howard and Kristen have thought of everything to make you comfortable at Dry Ridge! The bed was great and the service & food was even better! You must not miss this chance to save some money and have a royal treatment time! You deserve it! Thanks Howard and Kristen, my wife and I will definitely be back as soon as we can!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I spent one night at the Dry Ridge Inn and had a wonderful time. The service is friendly and comfortable. I felt as if I was at home. I was relaxed and enjoyed the quiet evening surroundings on their porch. Food was so flavorful. Will go back again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2008

Second time my sister and I have stayed at the B&B and as before we enjoyed ourselves a great deal. The owners are very friendly and informative. I will definitely stay there again in the future.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 2 July 2008

The Dry Ridge Inn is, quite simply, lovely place to stay. Clean, homey and pleasantly appointed, my queen-sized room, Bess, was the perfect size for me, as I was traveling alone. The room was cool with good cross-vent thanks to windows on 2 sides, had a gas fireplace (not necessray when its 85 degrees) and nice lighting. The bathroom was terribly small, however - I am almost 6 ft tall and pretty much had to back into the toilet - but the shower was fine and the full sized shampoos and conditioners a nice touch.

Having the "business center" right outside my door was nice, also - a laptop with attached printer - made checking email from home and printing my return boarding passes so easy.

Another great touch was the stocked frig with cold water, wine, juice and soda available at all times...along with coffee, tea and chocolate chip cookies. When it gets hot in Asheville, the water is a must and it was nice not to worry about having to stop and buy some.

The breakfasts were delicious - I was there for 3 mornings and had stuffed french toast (glorious!), an egg cup with cheese and biscuits (yum) and blueberry pancakes. Coffee was rich, fresh, hot and plentiful...and thanks to Howard, my cup was never empty!

I will be visiting Asheville again in the fall and will most certainly stay at The Dry Ridge Inn.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Weaverville
The Windsor Boutique Hotel
Carolina Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 39 in Asheville
North Lodge on Oakland
#19 of 39 in Asheville

Been to The Dry Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!