“Your at home the minute you arrive.”
Review of Inn on Main

Inn on Main
Ranked #2 of 6 Weaverville B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The owners are very special people making you feel like family as soon as you arrive. The breakfasts are wonderful with fresh fruit, home made breads and muffins, juices, very good coffee, and a main dish prepared to gourmet standards.
If you want for anything during your stay it's because you did not let the owners know. Would I stay there again; yes and without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank 04060810

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway. This was our first time staying at a B&B and I must say I was very pleased with our stay. The B&B was very nice and well kept. We stayed in the Monroe room and it was so cozy and comfortable. For me the most important part was that our room and the B&B was very clean. Dan and Nancy were so nice and made us feel very welcome. The breakfasts and afternoon hors d'oeuvres were great especially the homemade muffins Dan made each morning. I highly recommend this B&B for your next stay in Asheville. I know if we go back we will be staying here again. It felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in the garden room and we really enjoyed it. The room was comfortable, cozy, and extremely clean. Being a collector of NC clay products I loved the custom tiles in the shower that Dan made. There was a lot of personal touches that make this place unique and is something I look for when staying at a B&B. Dan and Nancy were very friendly. Their knowledge of the local community allowed them to give great food recommendations. I felt more at home than any other place I have stayed and loved just sitting on the porch and talking with my family.

Can't forget to mention the muffins were amazing and the breakfast was delicious. They even made special cupcakes for my parents 32 anniversary. Get to know the owners when you stay, they are neat people.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John S
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on Main for a wedding weekend. The owners Dan and Nancy were welcoming and friendly. Dan liked craft beer. Both were knowledgable about the area, good dinner and activity recommendations.
The appetizers and breakfast on the porch were wonderful. Our room was private and comfortable. We could walk to the wedding at the Wysteria Inn. Great inn, great location, great owners. Would stay there again and recommend the inn to anyone coming to the Ashville area.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Randerson026
Ashevilloid, Owner at Inn on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

We appreciate the kind words, and especially appreciate that you shared what we can't emphasize enough: Weaverville may be a small town but it features an urban-class collection of fine dining, ethnic dining and just fun food and music. Here in the orbit of Beer City USA, we also have our own microbrewery in town at Blue Mountain Pizza. Wysteria Inn has become popular for weddings and other gatherings, and is right in the middle of all that makes our town fun. We're glad to have them as neighbors.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Maybe our expectations were set a bit high given all the positive reviews. (Many I know notice from first time reviewers) While the hosts are great, the property itself is worn. The exterior grounds, the main house, and the cottage room we had all needed attention. Peeling wallpaper and a musty smell in our room didn't help. The bathroom was oddly configured w the only outlet high on the wall above the vanity. My wife couldn't reach it! And to get into the shower you have about a 3 foot step-over. There are a couple of nice restaurants w/in walking distance so that's a positive. And perhaps the rooms in the main house are better.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bodfish
Ashevilloid, Owner at Inn on Main, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Bed and breakfasts are very personal enterprises. We're mom and pop, and have only seven rooms, and make every effort to get to know our guests. We also go out of our way to accommodate our guests, as we did in this instance by bending our pet policy so they could bring a grown Labrador retriever and have a one-night stay on a weekend. We also make every effort to learn from our guests how their stay is, and regularly ask at breakfast if the room was comfortable. This couple in fact thanked us for accommodating their special needs. It's hard not to feel a bit defensive.
That said, a complaint is a gift, even when it is cast to thousands of web surfers instead of us. We promptly glued down the two places where we found the wallpaper had lifted in the Garden Room. There isn't much we can do about quirky outlet heights in a historic building or the height of a bathtub (which is actually less than two feet, but some hyperbole is acceptable). We have other electrical outlets available, and grip bars to make entering the tub easier. Mustiness is subjective, but I suspect a valid complaint from someone sharing a small room with a large dog.
We do welcome constructive criticism, and act on what we can as soon as we can. And we thank those who offer it in person. And we thank the dozens of other reviewers who found our home charming and comfortable. Our guests are our reward and help us build memories we'll savor forever.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Inn a few weeks ago and we are looking forward to visiting again soon! Dan and Nancy made us feel so welcome, and the food was delicious and healthy. They went out of their way to serve any special needs we had. The Inn is charming and beautifully decorated! It was so nice to be able to walk to dinner as well as visit downtown Asheville and area attractions. We are looking forward to our next visit!!!

Room Tip: Each room has special features, and all are very lovely. I guess it would be helpful to decide if y...