“everyone welcome....”
Review of Jack of Hearts - CLOSED

Jack of Hearts
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: "This is a friendly pub type atmosphere. They are owned by Jack of the Wood in Asheville, NC".
“everyone welcome....”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

the ambiance, local fare, and Megan Elizabeth (our waitress), was definitely one of the highlights of our visit to Weaverville... the staff made our whole group, including our grandchildren, feel totally welcome... i started off with the wedge salad which was better than outback's... no one had any problem finding just what they wanted, including a local beverage, Buchi ( a nonalcoholic drink brewed just outside of town) ... we all look forward to returning to Weaverville and visiting Jack's...

• Visited October 2013

Shelburne, Vermont
“You call this food?”
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This must be a better bar than restaurant because the food was truly not good. The salad was wilted and brown. And the rest of dinner was worse. I don't understand how this place survives.

• Visited November 2012
Brevard, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Dropped in on a recent visit to Weaverville. Food was pretty good and nice atmosphere. Server had little knowledge of coffee and food items. Had no interest in finding answers to questions.

Visited September 2013
Hilo, Hawaii, United States
“meatloaf!!!! and cool staff = best meal on my trip”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My lady and I stopped by here on a recommendation and man am I glad we did. I had the meatloaf (I'm sure you guessed) and it was soooooo good. Oh, yes it was wrapped in six, yes six, pieces of bacon and sitting on some creamy bacon mashed potatoes. WOW!!! had one of those delicious mountain brews they have on draft as well. However, the best thing about visiting here is I made a new friend. Staff Ben and I hit it off right away. In fact, we ended up hanging out in Asheville during my stay in the best town in the USA (besides where I live of course). Go visit this fine establishment as well as its big brother restaurant Jack of the Wood in Asheville.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jordan E
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Southern Aloha”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My fiance and I traveled back to Asheville North Carolina, where we met, all the way from the Big Island of Hawaii to get married. We stopped in at Jack of Hearts for some dinner, and were absolutely blown away. We found out that this establishment has been through a few managers over the past six months, both back and the front of house, including having none for a short period of time. Having been in the industry for several years, I know this to be quite impressive--relying on the staff to keep the ebb and flow of the restaurant in check. For the past month, Mr. Michael Lott has been managing both front and back of house. From southern Mississippi (yes, I spelled "M-I-SS-I-SS.." in my head), and knows very well what true hospitality is. Additionally, I wish to acknowledge Ben. Ben was our server at Jack of Hearts, and it hardly felt so. It felt as though we were old friends of his, and we had all the time in the world to sit on that front patio. This man radiates kindness, calmness, and generosity, key components in the art of southern hospitality. Sometimes these traits can feel contrived, staged, in order to please the customer...we never felt this way at all. Thank you for holding genuine space for guests of all kinds, Jack of Hearts.

Oh yeah, and the food was off the chain. Whoever is working the magic in the kitchen...I hope that you sincerely enjoy doing the work that you are so good at.

Mahalo for making dinner an experience, not just the physical return to homeostasis.
BIG ALOHA!