“Best steaks in Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Glass Onion

Glass Onion
Reserve with OpenTable
Glass Onion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 39 Restaurants in Weaverville
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, American, Healthy
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Glass Onion Is Open In Weaverville, Farm To Table Global Italian Cuisine. OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK LUNCH 11:30-3pm DINNER 5:00-9pm SUNDAY BRUNCH 11:30-3:00pm Reservations greatly appreciated so we can better serve you.
“Best steaks in Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Fantastic meal last night. I had the ribeye with Gorgonzola sauce, he had the filet...after trading tastes, we really couldn't decide which was better because they were both so good. Salad with apples and walnuts was perfect, and the garlic knots were absolutely worth breaking my 'no carbs' self-imposed rule for. The cappuccino dessert was good, but not quite up to the standard set by the rest of the meal. Our server was Susan, and she was knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. The atmosphere and lighting are excellent. Well worth a try!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank OlderThanDirtNC

Lexington, Kentucky
“Delightful every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had a fabulous a thanksgiving meal at The Glass Onion. Weaverville is just a few minutes north of Asheville, NC. We make it a point to go to this restaurant when we visit Asheville. It's a nice, warm atmosphere with good wait staff and good food. Always a pleasure. There are a couple of nice art shops and galleries next door, too.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Good Food H
New Orleans, Louisiana
“The best Meal I've had in months!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was my second time to the glass onion and once again it did not disappoint! My parents came to visit from Pennsylvania, so I told them I had the perfect place to go for dinner. they have changed their menu from spring summer to fall winter, and man it was hard to decide what to get because everything sounded so good. I had the half chicken scarpiala(on the menu) which was served with sausage, broccoli rabe, and potatoes(I had to take half home) it was so good! Im goingto eat the rest tomorrow. It was a hard choice because they also were offering a whole red snapper! My wife had the prosciutto apple salad which was a special, I helped her eat some of it. I didn't get an appetizer I was saving myself for dessert!. She also had the gorgonzola pesto crusted ribeye(on the menu) which was huge. she thouroghly enjoyed it and also needed a to go container. my parents both had the beef filet(menu special) which they cleaned their plates, my dad said it was the best steak he has had in months!!! We then shared dessert which was the pistachio nougat, unbelievalbly to die for I could've eaten four of those!!!! and the bread oh my god the bread! Our server Susan was very knowledgeable of every item on the menu and all of the specials she was dynamite!
We live in Swannanoa nc about 20 miles east of Weaverville, so if you live 30 miles or 300 miles from Weaverville bypass Asheville and go check out the Glass Onion!!
We also had the special treat of Chef Natalie coming out and sitting with us for a few moments-AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to go back

• Visited December 2013
“Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I very rarely ever give a restaurant excellent but, wow, fab! Go try the food! I would absolutely come back...
The ambience great too'

1 Thank Evaluator39
Rochester, New York
“A Delightful Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We were there for lunch. This is one of the best dining experiences we have had. Appetizer of eggplant and mozerella was fantastic. Entree of pumpkin ravioli was equally good. The food is extremely well-prepared and the service excellent.

Visited November 2013