“Delicious food”
Review of Glass Onion

Glass Onion
Reserve with OpenTable
Glass Onion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Weaverville
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Glass Onion Is Open In Weaverville, Farm To Table Global Italian Cuisine. OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK LUNCH 11:30-3pm DINNER 5:00-9pm SUNDAY BRUNCH 11:30-3:00pm Reservations greatly appreciated so we can better serve you.
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Loved the vegetarian options. Seating between tables was a little too close for the privacy of a romantic dinner that we would have liked.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The exterior does not do justice to the pleasant ambience of this small, charming main street restaurant. It feels quite big-city modern with subdued lighting, dark wood, and hanging glass witching balls. The menu is surprisingly extensive, and daily specials significantly add to the number of choices. Actually, the wait staff having to describe a multitude of off-menu items and the diner having to listen to them is a bit much. I lost track after the 10th or 11th offering. As it turned out, both of us ordered menu items. My dining partner thought the vegetable lasagne was exceptional. I ordered a black Angus rib eye that, also, was flavorful and perfectly cooked to my specifications. Service was a bit spotty as I had to flag my wait person down for another glass of wine and also waited some time with my empty plate in front of me to ask for a dessert menu. Actually, it was the hostess, not the wait person, who came to the rescue. Two occurrences reduced my pleasure, both pet peeves of mine. One was that my dining partner finished her meal before I, and her plate was removed while I was still eating. This seems to be a common practice these days, but I find it rude. I, then, feel that I should hurry up and finish eating. The second problem was that, while there were at least three tables still occupied, the end of evening cleaning had begun - nothing as ridiculous as a vacuum running, but table cleaning, filling of salt shakers etc. After hours is the time for those activities. The cost is in line with good food, but the service and small niceties could be improved.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Walked up main street in Weaverville to choose a restaurant for dinner. Read about this place in our B-N-B's info and decided to try it. What a welcome and interesting place for a comfortable evening meal. Small facilities but attentive staff and excellent food. The entire evening was a surprise experience. Each of us tried something different and decided to go with the evening specials which were positively well presented and delicious. The triple chocolate cake for dessert was a must for "choco-hounds". Everyone from the host, owner, and waitress communicated well and made us feel "at home". THANKS! Don't be shocked by the prices. . .they are higher than the average.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

It is nice to be back in Weaverville! I have had lots of family and friends escaping the Florida heat and Glass Onion is our go to place for a great meal. We have been 3 times in the last few weeks and it was perfect on each visit. Our friends and family think its one of the best places ever and we have a few seasoned travelers in this group ! The food is outstanding and so is the service. You will not be disappointed, it is a top notch restaurant in every way.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were visiting on a trip to the Biltmore for a long weekend. We tried the three meat fettuccini and the veggie lasagna. The food was ok-- not bad, but not good either. The bread the waitress brought to the table was soaked in butter and garlic and was hard. Speaking of the waitress she wasn't good at all. The bus boy got Parmesan for us and then later he got refills for us. We didn't think she was ever going to come back to the table. Maybe the service we received is reserved for out-of-town folks.

1  Thank Wendy L