“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Nation's Inn

Nation's Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Jefferson
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Football weekends at ASU often means finding reasonably priced lodging outside of Boone.
Nations Inn fit the bill. We had a quiet nights sleep on comfortable beds. Good coffee , friendly staff, free wireless, and decent breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that our facility exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I made a reservation two weeks in advance for my mother- in -law and father in- in -law both are in their late 80's . I asked for a handicap room because my father in law had a stoke and has a hard time walking and bathing. When we went to register the room was not available because they let someone stay a extra night in their room. This is not the way to run a business and you can bet we will not use Nation's inn again. The room they stayed in was not that clean and someone threw up on the sidewalk two rooms up.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank moose888
Roger C, Manager at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Hello Moose

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know your opinion about our hotel. We value your opinion and consider it as an opportunity to provide improved service and cleanliness for our future guest.
However, I was at the check in desk when you arrived at hotel. And we apologize that we could not provide the handicapped room as another party needing handicapped room stayed over in that room. But before we gave you the room I walked with you to show the other room to make sure it will be fine just for that one night and we would move you to handicapped room next morning and also help moving stuff which we did and you okayed it. We did not get any complains from the guest staying about the cleanliness of the room so we didn't know if they found it not completely clean. If we had any knowledge of our guest being not happy with anything we would have taken care of that right away. But again on behalf our team, I apologize if we were not able to provide excellent cleanliness and service to you. And its a promise that we would do our best to make sure you stay is most comfortable and enjoyable if you visit us next time. Thank you.

Roger Chohan
Manager

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had read the reviews on this site and felt comfortable booking this hotel. On arrival to our rooms found stains on floor and bedding as well as mold in bathroom. There was a strong odor when we walked into the room. The crowing moment was finding the hair all over sink and in bath. I did ask to move rooms and the next room was better, but still had cracker crumbs on floor and table. Did not get a lot of sleep that evening.

• Stayed: October 2013
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad that the staff moved you to another room, but I'm sorry that housekeeping had not been thorough in vacuuming, we have addressed issues with housekeeping and hope you'll give us a second chance.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Ok, I stay here often when I travel to West Jefferson....yes it's not the Four Seasons...no gym...no pool...no evening cocktails....but I'm cheap when it comes to hotel costs. It has great rates that include my absolute necessity of wi-fi internet, very friendly staff, clean rooms, perfect location (a giant Ingles grocery store is across the street with several deli sections so you CAN eat healthy...and if like me you've already done all the restaurants). Josh is great, and did I mention the very reasonable rates?? Yes the continental breakfast is real basic but so what considering the other factors, oh and in room coffee and mini fridge too....and I like CLEAN. I will stay here the next visit...not worth it to me to experiment when I have a good thing...stay here several times a year minimum.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank matapeake
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad that everything met or exceeded your expectations, we do hope to see youa gain in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed there for a week, the first day in, I have this habit of pulling the comforter off and putting it away, then I noticed my bed was not really made and the sheets looked ... well worn. I pulled the sheets back and sure enough there was actually debris, as if someone had been walking in the woods and then just climbed into bed, I was totally grossed out!!!
But with a simple call to the front desk a cleaning lady came right up, took everything off the bed and with fresh everything!! aaahhh that was more like it.
What a great staff, everyone is so friendly and really wanting to make sure your stay is nice.
The cleaning crew was amazing and did a great job each time they came in.
The breakfast is well.... not so continental but for the price of this hotel per night, you just cannot complain! I would stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: The top floor corner rooms seem to be the most quite
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EnjoyLifeSmile
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad you found your stay exceeded your expectations after a bump at the start. I'm very elated to hear that my housekeeping staff immediately remedied the situation and did a good job thereafter, that's what I like to hear. I do hope you'll stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

This motel is a bit off of the Blue Ridge Parkway but in an area saturated with over priced accommodations, we felt like this would be a good place. While the location was ideal, the rooms were somewhat clean. Our room refrigerator seemed to leak a bit as the carpet around the unit was dampish and was stained like the problem was ongoing. Staff at the motel was friendly and accommodating offering us extra pillows. There are no quality restaurants within walking distance of this motel; just fast food places.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MsBiker
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad to hear my staff was friendly and quick to respond. I'm glad most of your stay seemed to exceed expectations, we have replaced a few of the fridges due to concerns such as yours. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel is ok. I was not greatly impressed. The room looked pretty nice and parts of it were clean. The show curtain had mold on the back which means they never close it to look at it. The bed was ok, but the pillows not real comfortable. The breakfast again, was ok, but could use some more items, as it had a very small selection. Might try somewhere else next time I stay in town. Most of the staff was nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RunnerWes
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

Thank you for staying with us. We have been working with housekeeping to better train them. We do hope you will give us a second chance in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near West Jefferson
#11 of 18 in Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone
Quality Inn & Suites University
The Cabins at Healing Springs

Been to Nation's Inn? Share your experiences!