“MOUNTAIN MAGIC”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in West Jefferson
Pensacola, Florida
“MOUNTAIN MAGIC”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We always travel with our two Rat Terriers and sometimes the pet-friendly choices are limited and disappointing. Not so with the Nation's Inn in West Jefferson, North Carolina at the gateway to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our room was large, ultra-clean and convenient to pet walking area. The staff was super friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Thank you for staying with us. We are grateful that you found our accommodations not only to meet but exceed your expectations. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The room was clean and the staff was great. The two pillows on the king bed was a little flat. I had a great night rest that night. I folder some towels up and put them under the pillows. The ice machine works fine. The wi-fi internet worked great, There is a couple of fast food places and a grocery store within walking distance. I will stay there again, I just bring a pillow from home. They do have a map of the town to take with you.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased that you found our accommodations to exceed your expectation. No need to bring a pillow from home, you can request additional pillows at the front desk for no extra charge. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
camillus ny
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Football weekends at ASU often means finding reasonably priced lodging outside of Boone.
Nations Inn fit the bill. We had a quiet nights sleep on comfortable beds. Good coffee , friendly staff, free wireless, and decent breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad that our facility exceeded your expectations and we hope to see you again in the future.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I made a reservation two weeks in advance for my mother- in -law and father in- in -law both are in their late 80's . I asked for a handicap room because my father in law had a stoke and has a hard time walking and bathing. When we went to register the room was not available because they let someone stay a extra night in their room. This is not the way to run a business and you can bet we will not use Nation's inn again. The room they stayed in was not that clean and someone threw up on the sidewalk two rooms up.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank moose888
Roger C, Manager at Nation's Inn, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Hello Moose

Thank you for taking the time out to let us know your opinion about our hotel. We value your opinion and consider it as an opportunity to provide improved service and cleanliness for our future guest.
However, I was at the check in desk when you arrived at hotel. And we apologize that we could not provide the handicapped room as another party needing handicapped room stayed over in that room. But before we gave you the room I walked with you to show the other room to make sure it will be fine just for that one night and we would move you to handicapped room next morning and also help moving stuff which we did and you okayed it. We did not get any complains from the guest staying about the cleanliness of the room so we didn't know if they found it not completely clean. If we had any knowledge of our guest being not happy with anything we would have taken care of that right away. But again on behalf our team, I apologize if we were not able to provide excellent cleanliness and service to you. And its a promise that we would do our best to make sure you stay is most comfortable and enjoyable if you visit us next time. Thank you.

Roger Chohan
Manager

Travellers are raving about these West Jefferson hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Had read the reviews on this site and felt comfortable booking this hotel. On arrival to our rooms found stains on floor and bedding as well as mold in bathroom. There was a strong odor when we walked into the room. The crowing moment was finding the hair all over sink and in bath. I did ask to move rooms and the next room was better, but still had cracker crumbs on floor and table. Did not get a lot of sleep that evening.

• Stayed October 2013
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Thank you for staying with us. I'm glad that the staff moved you to another room, but I'm sorry that housekeeping had not been thorough in vacuuming, we have addressed issues with housekeeping and hope you'll give us a second chance.
Va/Nc Border
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Ok, I stay here often when I travel to West Jefferson....yes it's not the Four Seasons...no gym...no pool...no evening cocktails....but I'm cheap when it comes to hotel costs. It has great rates that include my absolute necessity of wi-fi internet, very friendly staff, clean rooms, perfect location (a giant Ingles grocery store is across the street with several deli sections so you CAN eat healthy...and if like me you've already done all the restaurants). Josh is great, and did I mention the very reasonable rates?? Yes the continental breakfast is real basic but so what considering the other factors, oh and in room coffee and mini fridge too....and I like CLEAN. I will stay here the next visit...not worth it to me to experiment when I have a good thing...stay here several times a year minimum.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank matapeake
PK S, Owner at Nation's Inn, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Thank you for staying with us and I'm glad that everything met or exceeded your expectations, we do hope to see youa gain in the future.
Jefferson, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed there for a week, the first day in, I have this habit of pulling the comforter off and putting it away, then I noticed my bed was not really made and the sheets looked ... well worn. I pulled the sheets back and sure enough there was actually debris, as if someone had been walking in the woods and then just climbed into bed, I was totally grossed out!!!
But with a simple call to the front desk a cleaning lady came right up, took everything off the bed and with fresh everything!! aaahhh that was more like it.
What a great staff, everyone is so friendly and really wanting to make sure your stay is nice.
The cleaning crew was amazing and did a great job each time they came in.
The breakfast is well.... not so continental but for the price of this hotel per night, you just cannot complain! I would stay there again for sure!

Room Tip: The top floor corner rooms seem to be the most quite