“Best in Ashe County”

Boondocks Brewing
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Boondocks Brewing was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide a fresh, unique and engaging destination for residents as well as visitors to Ashe County. We are a locally owned and employee run small business that is Dedicated to Excellence and Committed to our Community. We are Ashe County's first and only commercially licensed Craft Beer Brewery and we brew small batches of hand crafted beers weekly. With 2 locations in downtown West Jefferson, Boondocks Brewing offers full service dining, one of the State's best Craft Beer selections, off-site catering, customized special events, private parties and brewery tours. Boondocks Brewing is where the locals go and is a must stop destination for visitors to the High Country. Boondocks Brewing's Tap Room & Restaurant located at 108 S Jefferson Ave is our main location with the High Country's best Craft Beer selection and an extensive and diverse menu with both inside and covered outside full service dining areas. Open 11:00 am 7 days a week. Boondocks Brewing's Brew Haus located at 302 S Jefferson Ave is the home of our Brewing operations and is also our special events venue where we can customize virtually any special event. This location is open by appointment only or when we are are brewing (normally each Tuesday).
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Had three meals over a weeks time and all were quite good. Too many draft beers to list. Actually met the owners who were extremely gracious.
Look forward to our next visit

There are newer reviews for Boondocks Brewing

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have a vacation home not far from West Jefferson and during a weekend visit decided to cruise downtown. Saw the Boondocks sign and decided to try it. Crowded and noisy, it was great. The food was good and the beer icy cold. It seemed that they could use a few more wait staff since I waited what seemed to be a long while for a second beer only to be told after finishing my meal that the keg had blown and did I want something else. Had an in-house double IPA that was tasty, though and we will go back again.

BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you for giving us a try and for taking the time to post your review. I apologize for the blown keg. We go through upwards of 20 kegs (1/6 bbl) a week and we have a constant rotation of new beers that we put on tap so unfortunately there are times when a particular beer is no longer available for a period of time.

We use the smaller kegs as it allows us to serve the coldest draft beer around and it also ensures that we have the freshest draft beer. We do our best to order 2 kegs of the 30+ beers that we have on tap to avoid running out, but that does not always work as planned.

I suspect that the delay in service that you experienced was due to your server having to wait for our Bartender to check to see if we had another keg of the beer that you were drinking. We most certainly can use more wait staff, especially during the really busy periods but we are very picky about who we add to our team.

We certainly look forward to serving you again and hopefully often. The entire team works very hard to bring something fresh, unique and memorable to the area.

Again, thank you for spending time with us and for your review.

All the best,
Gary - Owner

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife visited West Jefferson a few weeks ago and told me about the best burger that she had ever had! While vacationing in Boone, we made a special trip to Boondocks for mid-week lunch. Kelsey seated us promptly, provided a menu, and took our drink order. I had a very tasty blueberry-based beer. We each ordered hamburgers of our choosing and I must say, they were awesome! The lettuce and tomatoes were fresh and tasty.

The service was prompt and friendly. Can't wait return to try dinner.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We have went to Boondocks several times over the last few months and two things stand out for us, the excellent service and the great brews. The wait staff do a great job staying on top of things but never overbearing. The food is good, probably better than average for the area, salads were fresh too. The manager on the last visit should not have been sitting folks as he was stressed, snobby or just a dud, must have been his leg to torso ratio, not sure. We will be back though.

BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I would like to personally thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to post your review. Hearing that one of our managers left you with a bad impression concerns me as I am very selective in who is asked to join our management team. It would help me greatly if you could take a moment to send me a personal email to gary@boondocks-brewing.com with more information related to your visit so that I can follow up. It would be helpful to know the date and approximate time of your visit as well as any other observations that you may have.

I hope that we are able to serve you again and I sincerely appreciate your time and feedback.

Regards,
Gary - Owner

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Food was fine. Service was ok. Nothing to write home about but I will go back. Not many choices in the area. Burger was good and flatbread pizza was good. Happy it was open on Sunday evening.