“Great atmosphere. Great selection on menu”
Review of Boondocks Brewing

Boondocks Brewing
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Boondocks Brewing was founded in 2012 with a mission to provide a fresh, unique and engaging destination for residents as well as visitors to Ashe County. We are a locally owned and employee run small business that is Dedicated to Excellence and Committed to our Community. We are Ashe County's first and only commercially licensed Craft Beer Brewery and we brew small batches of hand crafted beers weekly. With 2 locations in downtown West Jefferson, Boondocks Brewing offers full service dining, one of the State's best Craft Beer selections, off-site catering, customized special events, private parties and brewery tours. Boondocks Brewing is where the locals go and is a must stop destination for visitors to the High Country. Boondocks Brewing's Tap Room & Restaurant located at 108 S Jefferson Ave is our main location with the High Country's best Craft Beer selection and an extensive and diverse menu with both inside and covered outside full service dining areas. Open 11:00 am 7 days a week. Boondocks Brewing's Brew Haus located at 302 S Jefferson Ave is the home of our Brewing operations and is also our special events venue where we can customize virtually any special event. This location is open by appointment only or when we are are brewing (normally each Tuesday).
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Enjoyed dinner ..had a burger and make your own pizza..service was good. Only thing that caught my attention was how the Owner picked out certain customers to speak to ..Came to the table beside us twice but never even acknowledged us sitting there... Will go be back...maybe I should have spoke to him first

BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you dining with us and for taking the time to post your review.

I sincerely apologize that I not speak with you as I make an effort to speak with as many guests as I can and I certainly do not do this selectively. Each and every guest is important to us regardless of the fact that they are "regulars" or are visiting us for the first time. I hope that you do understand that it is impossible to speak with every guest every day and there are often times when circumstances just do not allow me or my managers to visit every table.

If for any reason you would like to speak to either myself or anyone on my management team, please make sure and let your server know.

Again, I do apologize if you felt "slighted" in anyway and I hope that you will join us again.

Gary - Owner

There are newer reviews for Boondocks Brewing

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Nice place to grab lunch on the Jefferson Avenue right in the shopping district. Very good hamburgers, onion rings, sweet potato fries, and wraps. Nice waitress - Very attentive!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Took us forever to choose our food because there are so many delicious choices. We finally settled on an Okra Salad, specialty Burger, Quiche, and Pulled Pork.
The food was excellent & the service was great. Prices were reasonable. Was surprised how large the seating area is...from the street you would never know. Our first visit, but would definitely return.

1  Thank Grady A
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We hired Boondocks Brewing for catering . Jared was awesome from the very beginning. He was super friendly, quick to respond to emails, & helpful in chosing menu options. Jared & Amanda were punctual on the day of our event and set up everything beautifully. The food was so good & fresh!! The hits of the night were the shrimp BBQ wraps & the potato salad (best potato salad ever!) We would not hesitate to use Boondocks Brewing again & would HIGHLY recommend them!

1  Thank Kristin W
Reviewed 24 October 2013

A very unpleasant surprise, that is. Upon entering the renovated establishment, I took a seat at the bar (uneven and unfinished wood), and awaited some kind of attention from any service staff. After 20 minutes of sitting, thirsty and bored; I was asked gruffly by the bartender, "What you want?"

I received my 60% full pint glass, accompanied by the 35% of foam (Mmm, foam), and was expected to pay the $6 up front, rather than run a tab.

First experience was pretty terrible.

Went back a second time with a friend who is a regular here at Boondocks, and got my beer a little sooner (still had to wait about 5 minutes), and ordered some wings. They were decent, at best. Could probably make better food at home.

Both times I've tried to get a manager to come over and discuss my experience, I had to ask the rest of the staff, until he was pointed out at the bar. Casually drinking his beer, and ignoring the awful service provided.

3  Thank Louis S
BoondocksBrewing, Owner at Boondocks Brewing, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

The experience that you described is absolutely unacceptable. I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a direct email to brewman@boondocks-brewing.com with additional information such as dates, approximate time of day, etc so that I can follow up personally with the manager(s) on duty.

I know an apology does not make up for your bad experience but I do hope that you will accept my personal apology. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your review and I hope to hear from you with additional details so that I can address this directly - someone obliviously was not doing their job and not only let you down, they let our entire team down.

Gary - Owner