“Not your average country girl”
Review of Southern Kitchen - MOVED

Southern Kitchen
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I am originally from this little town, but have lived and traveled quite a bit. Southern Kitchen/Madison Lounge is the ONLY Upscale cuisine you will find in this small town. The chef is AMAZING! The atmosphere is inviting, sophisticated, and all around fun.

Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Just ate at OSK and it was great as usual. Had fried green tomatoes that were served hot, crunchy on the outside and tasty on the inside. Entrées were rib eye, and penne and filet. Steak was cooked just right. Did not have to search penne to find the yummy filet mignon. And a bananas foster that was delicious and I don't really like banana desserts. Service was attentive. It was a wonderful evening right here in Whiteville.

guillaume3, Owner at Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you so much!

My husband always brags that I can make people eat things they hate the most and make them love it... I guess he was right, for once ;)

It is always a pleasure to cook for my regulars, and I hope I'll get to cook for you many times more.

Hope to see you again soon,

~Sokun

PS: my husband wants me to tell you we're the "New" Southern Kitchen, not the "Old" Southern Kitchen, but I told him you meant it in a nice way, as in "Old friend".

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I am a local but had never been to Southern Kitchen. While my brother was visiting from Virgina we met friends her for appertizers and drinks. We enjoyed everything. The atmosphere was nice and cozy and the food was really good. Looking forward to my next visit to Southern Kitchen!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It is always wonderful to meet new guests and turn them into regulars. I hope you now have a reason to stay in Whiteville when you want to go out, and I hope to see you here often.

Let me know how I can make your experience even better next time,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We have enjoyed top notch meals at the NSK for years, and this past Saturday was no exception. The chef's talent was on display in the day's special, a Cornish game hen. The cranberry-laced sauce was not too strong or too sweet as you might find in other restaurants, and the vegetable sides are always creative. Other folks ordered lamb, which is always a great choice. The chef is really special, and we are fortunate to have her skill-set available in Whiteville. This restaurant is up with the best even considering the wide variety of high-end options in Wilmington. Special occasion lunches are also a wonderful reason to visit this restaurant. We will be back and we encourage others to support this gem.

Thank you!!!

It is regulars like you that keep us on our toes and push us to shine. We love it when people adopt our humble restaurant as their own, and see it as their de facto place to eat away from home.

Keep coming back, and let us know if we ever miss the mark.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Great find! Charming atmosphere, personalized service. Owner spent time to make sure we liked everything and was very knowledgeable. Waitress was fantastic too. Menu was varied and tasty.
Highly recommend

Thank you so much for your review!

We love cooking for people from elsewhere, especially when they come from areas that are jam-packed with great restaurants. I hope ours were the best crab cakes you ever had… outside of Baltimore :)

We hope to see you again the next time you come through Whiteville