“Don't lift Mat in Tub”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Whiteville
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Mat in tub..apon lifting was slim, blackand the smell made me sick.
Second room moved to, was dirty, old, and air condition never cooled room.
My employer booked this Indian Owned Hotel.
What a dump!
$79.00

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Sorry y'all, this place was not great. I will not totally rip it because I grew up in the area and have love for my hometown.

The room wreaked of smoke, though this was supposed to be a smoke-free room. The A/C was on, but the room wasn't cool. It eventually did cool things off but not before hissed, rattled, and display sounds of general malaise in the process.

There was a mini-fridge which had a bug cooling out in it.

The bathroom had a whole in the wall and the tub was less than clean.

While figuring out our next move a roach quickly scurried across the headboard. It was had to tell if I was in it's room or if it was in mine.

I spoke to some of my cousins that stayed in another room and they had similar stories. They were lucky to find a room in the "other" hotel nearby. They stayed one night; promptly left.

We booked through Hotwire and could not leave without paying for this terrible room and a room at another hotel room. We stuck it out for the weekend but not with out visiting the local "mart" to purchase bug spray and sanitizer.

And hey! What's the deal with the HBO?!?! I saw the book, but never found the channel. C'mon man!!

"I wish I had more hands so I could give this hotel 4 thumbs down."

I'm generally a positive person, but found very little I liked about this place. Well, at least they had some grass in a shady area and I was able to exercise in the early morning.

I plan to visit home often, but I'll not stay in this "hotel" again...(;_;)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cm l
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I expected a 3 star hotel for the price but they just need to pay attention to details. Lift to divert water to shower head missing; toilet paper holder broken; rust around bathroom door jam; blow off parking lot and walks; had an HBO guide but no HBO. Television is an old analog type. Bed was comfortable and rooms fairly nice for the price. Mini-fridge; microwave; continental breakfast. Pet friendly which is why we stayed there on the way in to the beach. Plenty of restaurants close by. Guy at front desk should wear a collard shirt and not a t-shirt. June 7th and no water in the pool?This could easily be a solid 3 star motel if motivated to be such and for the price I would expect it to be. Around $60 per night as of this writing.

Room Tip: If staying with a pet stay bottom floor in back to walk your dog.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wufpack12
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Outside was covered by butts. I guess no one has a broom or blower. I had a handicapped room and it was pretty clean but others in our group had shabby rooms. Didn't try the breakfast but others liked it. It was fairly inexpensive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Road trip and stayed 1 night. Room was clean, clean; staff very very friendly and helpful. We loved it and would stay there again. We were very pleased with everything - but mainly how clean the room was. That's very important to us!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Well I know what this place is all about, staff member told me what goes on there. They dont clean, mold on walls, cockroaches, rude staff, the big covers on bed maybe washed every few months. Furniture is broken, my chair was wobbly. Hair in the tub, hair on pillow cases, didnt have cups for coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Room was clean but ceiling was disgusting. The breakfast room had a great selection and it was also clean. The staff at front desk was excellent and very helpful. The Waffle International was across the parking lot, there food was very good and there staff was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!