“Loved this hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Whitsett
Canton, Michigan, United States
“Loved this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed at the Whitsett Comfort Suits hotel this past week. The hotel looked and smelled brand new, but it is actually two years old. The room was very clean and everything worked great. We used the pool and exercise room and both we clean and nice. The desk staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was free and the host was very pleasant.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a Jacuzzi for an extra charge. The heater was warmer than the indicator, so we swi...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Scott1539

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

The definition of suite is "a connected series of rooms to be used together". This is the second Comfort Suites I've stayed at that is not a two-room suite...rather, just a larger room...so I find the name misleading. Other than that, this is a clean, new, quiet property offering basic lodging. Location is good right off I-40/I-85 making it convenient to Greensboro and Durham. Very near Charlotte Hawkins Brown Museum and Grove Winery and Elon University are close.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank llmaxx
texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed several times at this hotel and is always very clean. It is a new hotel (less than 3 years) and is very accomadating. There are places to eat nearby. Nice place to stop on your travels thru N. Carolina

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank nuheart
Madison, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We were moving my son into Elon University and decided to try this hotel. It is about 12 minutes from campus. Although just a little farther than the Burlington Hotels I think it was worth it. Newer hotel. Very quiet area although it is off Exit 135 on I 40. Absolutely clean. Very large rooms. Our had two queen size beds, and dividing wall with a sofa bed. Flat screen TV and Frig and Microwave. The price was less than the Burlington hotels. The hotel staff were all friendly and helpful. The breakfast was standard stuff.
We did have a little trouble finding it with our GPS so use the hotel suggested directions.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Scoutmom9
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

Dad writes ....

My wife and daughter stayed there last summer while doing the college tour around the area. They loved it.

So .... this summer, after my daughter has been accepted by Elon University, we were back to register and find housing. What a great hotel !! The facility is new and top-notch and the staff is wonderful and will help you with anything you need.

We will definitely stay there again in August when we will be buying furniture at Goodwill and Salvation Army for our daughter's apartment.

Great place and wonderful staff.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SanDiegoDad62
Duluth, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

We are normally Hampton snobs - but we had to book this trip partially on expiring travel points - and I'm happy to say that this hotel surpassed them. This new hotel just felt luxurious. Beautifully decorated, big room with sitting/work area - even in our 2 Q room. Big bathroom. Comfy beds with nice linens. I can not tell you the thrill I felt when I smelled FABRIC SOFTENER and found that the sheets and towels were so soft and so nice smelling! (I have resigned myself to the fact that most linens get rinsed out in hot water because the 2% of the population who have allergies can't simply ask for special arrangements so ALL of us have to sleep in sheets that smell like B.O.!) My husband - an insomniac - even slept pretty well! A small but very pleasant indoor pool gave us a chance to soak away the 7 hour drive (towels are over in the fitness room.) The flat screen TV was visible all over the room. My husband was able to connect to the free wifi in no time- but we also noted that if we had needed to print anything, there were two computers right in the lobby. The frig (no freezer -which is usually useless on mini-frig's anyway) had plenty of room for all the picnic groceries we had brought for the following day. The hot breakfast was limited but very yummy and even though we guests stampeded it like pigs to a trough, the staff kept up the replenishments at a reasonable pace! The location is 9 miles northeast of Greensboro straight up 220 or I-85 and was very convenient for the multiple trips we made for the GGHS reunion. A shopping center and several restaurants on the exit makes errands and muchie trips easy. I was also childishly delighted to find cherry Klondike bars available at the concierge center (for only a marginally inflated price) and availed myself of the free coffee in the lobby, too. The only catch: They have those "green" AC units that apparently save energy by hesitating to turn on and by being off as much as possible, allowing your room to hit 80 or more, if you're not careful (i.e. if you set it to "Auto Cool.") The night desk clerk we called said, "They're all like that. I didn't buy them." (?!?) We changed rooms, and found that he was rude and unhelpful, but he was right. However, the weekend clerk - whose friendly attitude was more in keeping with the rest of the staff - told us the trick was to switch to heat for just a second, THEN turn to cool/high or low - but not auto. We did so and it ran like a champ. This hotel is head and shoulders above any of its class that we've ever used - especially other Comfort Inns/Suites. If this is the direction Choice Hotels is going in the future, I'll be firing up my membership card more often.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pinkiesdiva
McLeansville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2010

The hotel is new and the entire property is gorgeous and spotless. The pool and exercise area were immaculate and the lobby and corridors were beautifully decorated and inviting. The hotel room was clean, stylish, and very relaxing. The breakfast was delicious and they even had meat-nice addition to the regular boring continental breakfast selections that you receive at most hotels. I can't say enough good things about our stay here as everything was grerat!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank slimmydoll1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitsett
Hampton Inn Greensboro East
#5 of 15 in Burlington
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Holiday Inn Express Suites Greensboro East
Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Comfort Suites Whitsett - Greensboro East? Share your experiences!