“Bring lots of golf balls”

Smoky Mountain Country Club Golf Course
Ranked #4 of 5 things to do in Whittier
More attraction details
Owner description: Western North Carolina's finest destination resort, with affordable memberships, scenic views on every hole, and a unique layout that has every golfer wanting to come back!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent and fun challenge. First two holes are sort of just there and they lull into a false sense of security, then the course jumps up and bites you. Lots of elevation changes and tricky shots. The course ate me up but I would have turned around and played it again if time allowed.

If you enjoy a challenge and beautiful views this is a must play course. Check it out if you are in the area.

The two young men in the pro shop were more than nice. Made me feel like I was the new owner of the course.

All reviews
"mountains"
in 3 reviews
"casino"

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I popped in to play 18 holes and we loved it. The course starts out with the first two being pretty flat and straight forward. From there on it was elevation changes galore! We loved the first par five on the front nine. The elevation changes were very challenging. We really enjoyed ourselves and recommend this mountain course to golfers of all skill levels!

2  Thank William L
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Gave five stars for course and staff. Mike and his son Ben were exceptional! Beautiful and challenging course with extreme elevation drops that provided great views. Joined up with another couple on the course and when we finished, the bar was closed. But Mike went out of his way to open up and give us drinks and snacks. Also provided us directions to the casino in Cherokee. Would highly recommend. Enjoyed meeting you!

1  Thank Trixie R
Reviewed 23 August 2017

This course was lots of fun. Many different elevation changes, some really challenging holes. We had a great time. Lost a bunch of balls. The staff was great. The course was in fine shape. I use "fine" based on the many golf courses I have played. The greens were great. We enjoyed this course much more than Sequoyah National. Would play it again.

2  Thank David G