“Great food”

Tipton's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Wilkesboro
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant twice. Both times have been great. The food is excellent and the service is great. Be sure to try the blue cheese chips. Wow.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ordered a platter defined as regular and I would have wondered what the large was like because the "regular" portion was significant. All the food was good. I would like to see them add some brisket options to their menu.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped last night on a tip from a friend and was glad we did. Service was friendly and courteous and helpful on menu selection. We ordered the large combo and it turned into a wonderful choice. Plenty of food for both of us and sampling of ribs, chicken and pork with 2 sides. Only decision left is what to order on return visits.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were in Wilkesboro around lunch time and were looking for somewhere to eat that was not "fast food". We were driving and decided to stop here simply because there were so many cars in the parking lot, we thought it had to be good to have such a crowd, and boy were we right! We were greeted and seated immediately after walking in, and were quickly served drinks by our waitress, Ashley. I asked her what was good to eat, and explained that we had never been here before, so she recommended the sampler platter so I could try a little of everything. I got pulled pork bbq, a chicken breast/wing, and a quarter rack of ribs. It was all delicious however the ribs were a little too spicy for my taste, I would recommend them for people who like a bite to their sauce. The bbq and chicken were delicious! My wife had a chicken sandwich which was very large and served fresh off the grill on a huge what appeared to be homemade bun that was simply wonderful! We both left food on the table, and ate until we were stuffed for $24. They gave huge portions for the price, so it was well worth the money. I have already bragged on this resturant to several people around my home, and we are planning a trip to go back and take more people with us! Great job Tiptons! You have secured some loyal, and soon to be returning customers!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ok - while they food is still good - wouldn't say outstanding - I think they need to learn a little more about customer service. First - let me say I did walk in talking on my cell phone - but my husband was giving the instructions that we needed a booth - that I was recovering from foot surgery - and here I stand with a surgical boot on my foot. We get a booth alright - clear at the other end of the restaurant! Seriously - when you have a customer who has some form of physical issue - consider sitting them close to the entrance - regardless of whether the section is open or not. Then to add to that - my husband has his "usual" item he orders - he eliminates 2 items and replaces them with 2 other items - little different from the menu - they were out of 1 item - and he was not told until the meal was brought - plus - there was no adjustment on the bill for the fact they were short 1 item for his meal. The item they were short - texas toast! While the food quality is still pretty good - I was not pleased with customer service on May 27, 2014.

1  Thank vhash77