“Horrible room, worse service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Red Carpet Inn Wilkesboro
Red Carpet Inn Wilkesboro
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Wilkesboro
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Horrible room, worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

We booked several rooms at a rate of $150 per night. Amazing that they would charge that since the high rate on the hotel room door was $136. Yes it was Merle Fest, but no reason for bad service, we had four in each room and they give you two towles, when we asked for more they gave us one and said they have no more. 8 people had to share 5 towles between two rooms. One room had a smell that was so bad we were looking for a dead animal. They advertize internet, but it wont work from the rooms, breakfast choices were boxed cereal, boxed grits, no name oatmeal, and stale bagels. I was so dissappointed we wont be back

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank dlcohe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
north carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

The king bed we got was great, big and confortable. We could have use larger pillows but we were fine. We ate dinner at the connecting resteraunt and it was very good and the hotel offered a 10% discount. We will be staying again btu the next time I'm booking through Orbitz, looks like it would have been $10.00 cheaper.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darrick69
Raleigh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

We had a large group that stayed at the hotel. Clean rooms, nice pool, and very convenient location. Everyone enjoyed their stay. The service was very good. We have a problem with the hot water one morning and the hotel manager (Brian) quickly fixed the problem. Never had the problem again. Thanks Brian!!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Othat
Roanoke, Va
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

We were in Wilkesboro for a dance competition. We have stayed at the Red Carpet Inn for 3 years prior to this one and it has always been fine, obviously it's not a 5 star resort, but it's always been okay.... except for this year!

The management was HORRIBLE... they threatened to call the cops when we complained about a broken shower head and no hot water. There was no hot water for 3 of the 5 days we stayed there.

The pool was closed and they seemed unwilling to have it fixed and got mad when people from our group kept asking if it would open for the kids.

There were TONS of gnats and flies in our room when we arrived. We finally bought a fly swatter and I think I killed at least 30-40 gnats and flies and they still didn't go away.

On our last night, we ended up checking out at 11:30pm because we just couldn't stand to stay there anymore. Upon "check out" the front desk attempted to charge my credit card again after I had paid in full upon arrival.

Needless to say... we will NEVER stay here again.. it was horrendous!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Wilkesboro hotels

Ronaoke, VA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2009

Pool was broken for the first few days.
The shower head was broken and sprayed water all over the room, I asked everyone there to change it and finally had to hunt down the maintenance guy myself.
The guy at the front desk was wearing cargo short a hat and flip flops.
The room was pretty dirty, and there were bugs everywhere.
I have stayed at this hotel in the past and it was fine. The people that worked there were rather rood.
We got asked to leave the pool at closing time, which was fine, but someone in our group had a beer at the pool with them and see got all snappy and started pointing at policies on the wall about 100 ft from us and actually threatened to call the cops on us.
She told him if you do not like the hotel stay somewhere else. I realize this is a really cheap hotel, but at least keep it clean and get some friendly people to work there. I think they can find some in the town there with no jobs that would like to be nice and have a job and dress to go to work not the pool.
I will never stay here again I would not recommend it. The holiday inn express is just right down the street it is a little more, but you get what you paid for.
Oh did I mention the Roach we found in the microwave at the crappy free breakfast they had. Who ever owns this place needs to start paying more attention. A couple years ago when we stayed there before it was clean and most of the people were nice, but now its horrible. Run Fast. The group I lined up to stay at this hotel booked 40 rooms from them for an entire week, probably more money than they see in a normal month. We will never be back there in fact we have most people staying at the Holiday Inn Express and some staying at the Addison hotel which are both decent places.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank brislic2
East Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2008

The room provided was OK, but the meal I tried to eat was way below par. I ordered filet migon which turned out to be a offshoot of tips of some sort with cucumbers, rice and something else. So tough it could barely be chewed. I have eaten a few filets but have never been served one that was not a single piece of steak, usually with bacon wrapped around it and extremely tasty. I am wondering just what I was served. At $14.95 for a meal you would expect a decent steak. I mentioned it to the server and she did say she was sorry, but no one else acknowledged me or my complaint. I did tip the server because it was not her fault.

• Liked — internet
  • Disliked — resturant
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
knoxville

Hospitality International
1726 Montreal Circle
Tucker, GA 30084-6809

To Whom It May Concern

I made a reservation in early April at the Red Carpet Inn (RCI) located in North Wilkesboro NC for April 26-28. Reservation # 22926. I was quoted a price of $49.48 per night with my AAA discount. I secured the room with my Visa. On Monday the 23rd of April my wife asked me why RCI had withdrawn $523.50 from our checking account on Friday the 20th. I immediately called RCI and was told that they had made a mistake that the room should have been $174.50 per night including tax and I would have to pay that amount or be refunded the charges. He said their rates go up because of the Merlefest Concert which is why I booked the room. I asked to speak to the manager Kevin Caldwell and he told me the same thing. He then proceeded to tell me the person who made the reservation should not have made the reservation and then proceeded to accuse me of making up the amount I had been quoted, and that they didn’t have a rate of that amount, $49.48. I asked him what my reservation showed and the name of the person who took it and he told me his name was on it. I told him I had made the reservation with a girl and he informed me that he did not sound like a girl. He also informed me he was doing what he was told to do. He is obviously lying since he said the reservationists had made a mistake and now he is telling me his name is on the reservation. There are no other rooms available and I can’t afford $523.00 for the room. My wife and I are volunteers for WDVX radio in Knoxville TN and we have to work their booth and now we have no room.

The second problem is the fact that they had removed the money from my account. Holding a room with a credit card does not authorize RCI to debit my account before I arrive, and as for as I am concerned this amounts to fraud. No one called me to inform me of their mistake on the reservation price or that they were going to debit my account. The bottom line is that the management of this particular RCI hotel is nothing short of crooks. They saw the room had been booked at its normal rate, instead of the inflated concert rate. At this point they decided to illegally debit my account, hoping we would not notice that the transaction had taken place and spring it on us when we arrived, at which point we would have had to pay their price or have no room.

I doubt that Hospitality International condones this type of treatment of guests trying to stay at one of your hotels. I am a professional and a business owner for nineteen years and I don’t take kindly to being manipulated and scammed. I want the room at the price I booked it. Your immediate attention to this matter would be very welcome.

Sincerely

Ronald K Fagan

PS: I am forwarding this letter to anyone who might find this of interest including AAA.
The address of the Hotel is:

Red Carpet Inn
1206 River Street
Wilkesboro, NC 28697

Stayed April 2007
14 Thank goldpost
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilkesboro
Hampton Inn Wilkesboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
High Meadows Inn
High Meadows Inn
#1 of 1 in Roaring Gap

Been to Red Carpet Inn Wilkesboro? Share your experiences!