“The cake of all cakes”
Review of Betty's Bakery - CLOSED

Betty's Bakery
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have had several sweets from this bakery and have absolutely loved every one. I have had the cannolis and liked them very much. They compared favorably to those I've eaten in the north end of Boston. The tres leches cake is so moist and delicious I could eat the entire cake. But, the best cake I have ever eaten was a special order for my brother's birthday. It was a fresh coconut cake with a pineapple cream filling. It was beyond belief. Everyone in the room said it was the best cake they had ever eaten. . . and the room was full of people accustomed to homemade southern desserts. I can't speak for any of the chocolate desserts because I'm not a chocolate fan so I haven't tried any. By the way, the owners of the bakery are New York transplants who wanted to get out of the rat race and open a bakery. A great thing for those lucky enough to live nearby. Another side note, it is located off the main street and could be tricky to find. The address is 300 E Main St, Wilkesboro, NC 28697. You have to drive behind a building that faces the street.

2  Thank SavannahGal

Reviewed 17 October 2012

I make it a point to go to Betty's Bakery whenever I am in Wilkesboro to enjoy and bring home fine pastries, breads, cookies and pies. It is tucked away behind a row of buildings on Main Street, look for the sign, it is worth the stop! The locals know it is there, so come early before the best goodies are sold out!

2  Thank MelindaLC
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This place is, well, DA BOMB! The cannolis are to die for! The brownies are great, too. Oh, and the muffins and danish. Oh man, just go there!

1  Thank freakingumby