“Not the best - but will do”
Review of Golden Corral - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Corral
Cuisines: American
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Not the best - but will do”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This Golden Corral has done better than I expected but unfortunately the quality of the food is not as good as other Golden Corral's I have visited. But when you want a wide variety of food selection - this is the place to eat while in town.

Visited June 2014

Boone, North Carolina
“Improvements”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

ALOT of positive changes have been made to this buffet-style restaurant's location ... we recently visited after a long time away (you need only look at past reviews to know why it took so long). Thankfully, during a weekday lunch, it was a good experience again. The salad bar was very fresh. The hot items were also fresher, with better flavors, and different staff members checked temperatures constantly. I really liked that the dessert buffet offered smaller servings of cakes, pies, puddings, parfait-like items already portioned and individually served (a lot more appealing & safe). Our waitress was friendly & attentive with our drinks. Plates/cups/silverware were still older, but clean. I hope they continue with this positive trend, and that other people can enjoy the better experience that we did.

• Visited May 2014
Wilkesboro
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We gave this place several tries...”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

3 tries to be exact. The 1st & 2nd were mediocre at best this last time, our final try was AWFUL! The food was all dried out & almost everything empty, multiple plates were unclean yet stacked for use, cups weren't clean or dried yet put out, sweet tea was bitter & tasted as if container hadn't been cleaned in awhile, staff appeared hurried, unconcerned with customers & not friendly at all, even what looked like a manager, he looked uninterested! We won't be recommending this experience to anyone!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank GMwilkes
Elkin, North Carolina
“Worst Golden Corral”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have been to Golden Corrals in several states and many different locations and this one should get their franchise revoked. Really awful food that is not fresh. The cauliflower was covered in those black age spots, so many dished were dried out and just plain bad. We won't go again.

• Visited September 2013
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“poor cooks”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I went to eat with my family on a saturday night went up to get a steak had employees chatting, waited 10 minutes before someone gave me a steak.Sat down and ate and notice everyone else
Was waiting about 10 minutes before someone served them steak.I noticed the employee was not tending to grill good and saw the person take a long smoke break while people were waiting in line
for steaks.I also notice the manager saw this but ignored it while the manager was eating also.

• Visited May 2013