Days Inn Wilkesboro
Lowes Motel(Wilkesboro)
Williams Motel(North Wilkesboro)
Elk Inn(Elkin)
View Hotel
All reviewsdefinitely stay here againroom was cleanroom ratefront desk staffcomplimentary breakfastgreat place to staycoffee makershort driveyogurtwithin walking distancenext morningaddisonmotelwalmartpillowsunpluggedmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Enjoy staying here. Good place to stay if riding the Blue Ridge Parkway - especially if on a motorcycle. We were rained out of riding on one of our previous visits to this motel, so found its being within walking distance to shopping and dining a plus. Rooms and outside area clean, personnel friendly, appreciate free breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank BlueRidgeRider94
Reviewed 28 December 2007

I stayed at the Addison for two nights while in town to attend a weekend course on Law and Administration in Building Code Enforcement at Wilkes Community College. The room was of average cleanliness, but was perfectly acceptable and comfortable in every way. I recall the carpet and HVAC system being a little funky, but, again, nothing exceptionally bad. I would've liked to park directly in front of my room, but some troglodytic construction worker with a massive truck and trailer had parked perpendicularly over about 5 spaces directly in front of the rooms.

The continental breakfast was decent, but the best thing about the Addison, for me personally, was the large yard-like area behind the motel where I could take my two dogs in the morning before heading off to class. There was also a road directly behind the hotel that went up a hill and promptly deposited you out into the countryside. I, along with my dogs, had several pleasurable walks in the area. The Addison is also just a short drive from the W. Kerr Scott Dam and Reservoir, which has a variety of recreational activities; I utilized the hiking trails around the lake one evening following class.

I had two exceptional restaurant experiences while in Wilkesboro: Brushy Mountain BBQ for a fast, affordable lunch of southern favorites (and I was lucky and hit it on free ice cream day -- their ice cream is homemade and served out of stainless steel containers, similar to gelato), and Sixth & Main for an exceptional atmosphere and fine-dining quality food.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sherpa141
A TripAdvisor Member
Collinsville, VA
Reviewed 20 February 2004

I stayed in the Addison for over a month while I was looking for a house. The rooms are clean and everyone was friendly and helpfull.
There are several resturants within walking distance. The rooms on the shopping center side where a little noisy due to the traffic. Ask to stay on the side behined the office. Avoid room 108. The heater does not work very well and one wall switch turns off everything including the alarm clock. Found this out the hard way. If you need a weekly rate be sure to speek with the manager. She was very helpfull and she is the only one that can authorize the rate.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Thurmont, MD
Reviewed 11 April 2003

I have stayed at this Inn several times. People are friendly and the rooms are very clean. The rooms are reasonably priced and it is located within the local shopping area. I would highly recommend this Inn.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member