“Great, inexpensive motor inn”

Days Inn Wilkesboro
Days Inn Wilkesboro
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Wilkesboro
frankfort,ky
“Great, inexpensive motor inn”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

In the summer of 2005*, I stayed at the Addison for 3 months while working at a company which has since moved out of the city. I was given a corporate rate of $650/month, which was a very good bargain, even then (there are very few apartment complexes in North Wilkesboro, and most of those are run down or for low-income people or have no vacancies).

The staff treated their hotel and guests, superbly. The accommodations are a little larger than that of similar 2-star hotels. There was a microwave and small refrigerator in my room, which had two queen-sized beds. The TV got a somewhat larger number of channels than most hotels give you, and even have some kid-friendly ones.

Since I was there for a long while, maid service was limited to once a week or in urgent need, but, towels and linens could be exchanged at almost any time (I tried to do so, one late evening, but, the front desk had run out, and there was nobody else around to get to the towel room, in a separate part of the motel). But, I considered that acceptable, given my situation.

My room was on the street side, of which the noise is quite high 24/7, but, you get used to it (a co-worker, whose room faced the back of the hotel, said he could hardly hear anything!). The rooms are surprisingly quiet; I never heard a peep out of my next door neighbors, except when they walked by or let their spring-loaded room doors go.

I never used the small, clean, pool, but, the folks who did use it, clearly enjoyed it.

The continental breakfast was quite good, and, only once, did I arrive too late for any solid food. The 24/7 fast food franchise directly in front of the store took care of that, as did the 24/7 Walmart and supermarket next door. There is a daily "manager's reception" with hot beverages (similar to the stuff they serve at gas station convenience store chains) and pastries, though they go very quickly (I rarely got one!).

This is a very good hotel for anyone. It is easy to get to. I recommend advance reservations, as it can get busy (the parking lot filled-up twice, both on weekends).

-----
* (n.b., TripAdvisor's review is limited to a year's span, so it reads "December 2011", but, I stayed during the summer of 2005)

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room in the rear of the complex, as it will be quieter than the side facing th...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank skaizun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We drove into Wilkesboro after a day of exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway and were looking for a place to stay. Somehow though the parking lot and layout of the motel looked very welcoming so we decided to stay here.
Room was very nice and comfortable with a good king bed.
Across the street is an AppleBee's and a mall. You can walk there so no need to take the car.

The only big disappointment was the breakfast. Okay complimentary breakfasts (which are never complimentary cause they are just calculated in your roomprice) are never really special but this was just horrible. There were only some very sweet pastries and a bunch of white bread that you could toast but the toaster burned everything.
It is definitely the worst breakfast I have ever had, so that is a shame because the stay itself was good and I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank americagirl22
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

Reception friendly. Rooms are very basic. No fridge, window a/c, older style furnishings - all probably original from when built in the 70's. My bedside light was unplugged behind bed side table and maid should have noticed it when cleaning room. With a little effort this hotel could look a lot better. However for basic accommodations it works fine. Holiday inn was full nearby for conference was attending.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank MartinR4961
Beaufort, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and two daughters and I stayed here while in Wilkesboro for a dance competition this past weekend. It was VERY dated. The beds were VERY small. We found trash stuffed behind the mini fridge. We had bugs in our room. There were crumbs on the floor when we walked in. It smelled. There was so much dust my daughter was coughing almost nonstop. But, the worst was when I went to start the bath to wash my girls there were smashed bugs in the shower and an old, used washcloth. When I first showed up they had my arrival date mixed up but did fix it and did discount my room. We did not take advantage of the continental breakfast since the room was so dirty. The only thing that I liked about this hotel was that it was directly beside Tipton's BBQ, which was DELICIOUS and VERY cheap. Our entire family of 4 ate for less than $30 and had to take boxes with us because they had such great serving sizes...and the best potato salad I've ever had. Anyway, next year we will NOT be staying at the Addison Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelli85
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Older facilities but kept up well. Very comfortable bed. Only suggestion would be to add some fresh fruit to the breakfast menu for those of us who don't want the processed food. Very good value for the price.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SuzanneOliver63
coast of north carolina
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We were blown away by this inn not hurricane irene...Room was super clean,the beds
were amazing and we wanted to take the pillows home with us!!!!!The kids and i loved the pool and the guy at the front desk suggested a wonderfull please to eat,TIPTON'S BBQ,it to was excelent......

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jrbnc
West Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Enjoy staying here. Good place to stay if riding the Blue Ridge Parkway - especially if on a motorcycle. We were rained out of riding on one of our previous visits to this motel, so found its being within walking distance to shopping and dining a plus. Rooms and outside area clean, personnel friendly, appreciate free breakfast.

• Liked — Cleanliness and location - not in the middle of town.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank BlueRidgeRider94
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilkesboro
Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#3 of 8 in Jonesville
Best Western Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites

Been to Days Inn Wilkesboro? Share your experiences!