In the summer of 2005*, I stayed at the Addison for 3 months while working at a company which has since moved out of the city. I was given a corporate rate of $650/month, which was a very good bargain, even then (there are very few apartment complexes in North Wilkesboro, and most of those are run down or for low-income people or have no vacancies).
The staff treated their hotel and guests, superbly. The accommodations are a little larger than that of similar 2-star hotels. There was a microwave and small refrigerator in my room, which had two queen-sized beds. The TV got a somewhat larger number of channels than most hotels give you, and even have some kid-friendly ones.
Since I was there for a long while, maid service was limited to once a week or in urgent need, but, towels and linens could be exchanged at almost any time (I tried to do so, one late evening, but, the front desk had run out, and there was nobody else around to get to the towel room, in a separate part of the motel). But, I considered that acceptable, given my situation.
My room was on the street side, of which the noise is quite high 24/7, but, you get used to it (a co-worker, whose room faced the back of the hotel, said he could hardly hear anything!). The rooms are surprisingly quiet; I never heard a peep out of my next door neighbors, except when they walked by or let their spring-loaded room doors go.
I never used the small, clean, pool, but, the folks who did use it, clearly enjoyed it.
The continental breakfast was quite good, and, only once, did I arrive too late for any solid food. The 24/7 fast food franchise directly in front of the store took care of that, as did the 24/7 Walmart and supermarket next door. There is a daily "manager's reception" with hot beverages (similar to the stuff they serve at gas station convenience store chains) and pastries, though they go very quickly (I rarely got one!).
This is a very good hotel for anyone. It is easy to get to. I recommend advance reservations, as it can get busy (the parking lot filled-up twice, both on weekends).
* (n.b., TripAdvisor's review is limited to a year's span, so it reads "December 2011", but, I stayed during the summer of 2005)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 115 Guestrooms,VIP King,Non-Smoking & Smoking,Handicap Rooms,Meeting Space,Pet Friendly,Free Continental Breakfast,WI-FI,Outdoor Swimming Pool,Kids Stay Free,Extended Stay Rates,Addison Advantage Frequent Guest Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Days Inn Wilkesboro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Addison Motor Hotel Wilkesboro