“southern hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Wilkesboro
Jersey City, New Jersey
“southern hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

The hotel was under some major renovations when I checked in. I stayed here during thanksgiving and did not see anything that needed renovating, so customer satisfaction is a priority. The staff was very apologetic for the construction, even though it did not bother me in the slightest. My room was spotless and the breakfast was great. I have been staying here for years and cannot wait to see after the renovations. I also enjoy the down home accents of all the staff. I am not used to the southern hospitality being from Jersey.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

My experience at the Hampton at Wilkesboro was not a pleasant one. The maid service removed tags from clothing in which I purchased without my permisson and was not trash. I contacted the staff at the front desk who said the manager was not in. I then emailed Teresa, the manager and explained to her and she was to reimburse me the $19.99 plus tax when I sent her receipt from the tags stolen from the hotel room. I have faxed over 5 times since February 2013 and even had other Hampton Inn's fax the receipt to her. I have called to confirm receipt of the faxes and staff verified receipt. I also mailed and receceived delivery conformation of delivery and Teresa had neglected and refused to reimbuse me for the stolen tags. NEVER VISIT Hampton Inn Wilkesboro!

Room Tip: NEVER VISIT Hampton Inn Wilkesboro if you leave items in your rooms they may get stolen from staff a...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank TBC321
Margo B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wilkesboro, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
I understand your frustration with this issue, but this is really an unfair review. Our housekeeping staff is trained to make sure each guest returns to a clean room. Unfortunately in this situation the attendant saw tags that were torn off of your clothing, and added it to the trash from your room. It certainly was not done to cause you any inconveniences, nor were the tags "stolen" the attendant was just doing their job of making sure you returned to a clean and tidy room.

Since yesterday was the first time I heard from you, I felt confident we were resolving this. I know you said you sent many copies of your receipt but I personally did not have a copy or an amount that you paid for the pants. I assured you that I would handle this situation, but I needed more information on this.

I would like to assure you again that I am handling your situation and as soon as you send me a copy of the receipt or some kind of proof of purchase, this will be taken care of. I look forward to resolving this.
Cornelius, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

Rather than write a lot about the horrible experience, just look at the pictures. Owner of this hotel did not have enough sense to close it during renovations. The registration area was covered with plastic. White dust was everywhere including all over your clothes. Workers were protected by face masks while staff and customers were subjected to dangerous dust and conditions. I had to walk over a pile of broken tiles just to get in the door. Sitting in the dining area for breakfast, you got your behind "powdered" with white dust. I felt sorry for the staff. They were upset with the conditions and taking a beating from all the unhappy customers. One of them told me she needed a job otherwise she would have been out of there. Obviously the hotel manger did not show any concerns for either the staff of customers. I wonder if that lack of concern will still be there after the renovations are finished? Obviously management is more interested in squeezing bucks from loyal Hilton clients. I stayed one night (for free) just because it was late and I didn't want to drive an hour to another Hampton Inn. Got out of there ASAP the next day and also talked with 6 others who shared the same frustration.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank john k
Margo B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Wilkesboro, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. As the General Manager of the hotel, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that our renovation caused for you. Yes, our hotel is undergoing a lobby/breakfast area renovation and while the construction crew were busy tearing out the old tile, it did get very dusty within the lobby area of the hotel. Several of the crew members were wearing masks because they were in direct contact with the dust (from busting up the old tile) but I assure you there were no dangerous fumes that anyone was exposed to. The hotel staff worked throughout the day & night to ensure that we kept conditions safe for our guests, because we truly care about every one of our guests. Your photo of the "finished 3rd floor" is inaccurate, as soon as that is complete, I will be sure to post new photos on our page. The fitness room was also closed as it is part of the renovation and we are upgrading the equipment to truly being "state of the art". We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and an exceptionally clean property and I am so sorry you did not get to experience that. Renovations will be complete by mid-April and I hope you will come back to give us another chance to show you what an excellent hotel we have here in Wilkesboro!
Dauphin, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I made a trip to Brushy Mountain Bee Farm for a beekeeping class and decided to make it a mini vacation for 3 nights. We live in Pennsylvania and had a 6 or 7 hour drive. Check in was a breeze. The staff called the room shortly after our arrival to make sure the room was satisfactory. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable in giving us directions to local establishments. The room was immaculate, quiet and comfortable. We will definitely stay the next time we make a trip to Wilkesboro, NC.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. Our staff strives to be helpful and knowledgeable and we certainly appreciate the fact that you noticed. We also pride ourselves on our clean property; from everywhere including the exterior of the hotel to the guest rooms. Thank you so much for your kind words, our staff appreciates guests like yourself who notice the amount of hard work and dedication they put into their work here at the Hampton Inn Wilkesboro.

We truly look forward to seeing you again, if you find yourself in the area at another time!
Saluda, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

My wife and I made a supply-run to Brushy Mountain Bee Farm and decided to make it a mini vacation by staying overnight. We live in South Carolina and had about a four hour drive. Long story short, awesome experience. The staff was extremely helpful and actually called the room shortly after we settled in to make sure everything was to our liking. Cleanliness and service really stand out at the Hampton. We would definately stay there again and highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Not only are the mountains breath taking, The hotel and the staff are phenominal! The rooms are immaculate. You can tell right away that the staff is very proud and knowledgable of their hotel and surroundings. This was our first time at this Hampton Inn but definately won't be our last! Outstanding! Thanks to all involved.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn about 6 times in the last year. They also do a little extra--this time there are cute Halloween decorations up, including some with candy. The staff is extra friendly. They call about 15 min. after you check in to make sure your room is satisfactory. It's very quiet. Breakfast is standard Hampton Inn, although the staff keep it clean and fresh. Always happy to return to this Hampton Inn!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilkesboro
Holiday Inn Express in Wilkesboro
Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
BEST WESTERN Yadkin Valley Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn Jonesville
Comfort Inn Jonesville
#3 of 8 in Jonesville
Americas Best Value Inn - Jonesville

Been to Hampton Inn Wilkesboro? Share your experiences!