“Good service.. Food?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Williamston
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Amagansett, New York
“Good service.. Food?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We were in Williamston overnight during a trip from Savannah back to New York. We stopped at Ribeyes as it was one of the only restaurants in town. The waitress was very friendly and attentive. They salad bar was fresh and clean and had a decent variety. The steaks come with potato and Texas toast (a thick slice of white bread toasted). The potato and toast were good. The steak not so great. My wife barely ate hers. Next time through I might try one of the other two restaurants.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Howard C

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Give Ribeye an A”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

The Ribeye was next to the Holiday Inn Express and both seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. Later we found it is next to an Agricultural Center which hosts many horse shows which is why it's so busy. Since we didn't want to drive we decided to try it even though we weren't expecting much. It turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Except for a few items ( chicken, pork chop, shrimp) all they serve are various sizes of ribeye. Neither my wife and I are big steak eaters but we were really pleased with our steaks. They come with potato and salad bar. The service was prompt and attentive. I give them a minor knock for having only one type of wine by the glass. If you are staying at the Holiday Inn Express don't venture any further. If you are staying nearby, it's worth a short drive.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Paul B
Cape May, NJ
“Good grilled food, reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Limited to grilled chicken, fish, steak. Nice salad bar. Ate elsewhere only to get more variety after 2 nights. Next to Holiday Inn Express. Pleasant staff.

Visited April 2014
Remington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I want to like it...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Wife and I spent about $73 on two steak meals and a mixed drink each. This seems a bit expensive but had the meal and service been top notch I could have forgiven it. However, our party at the time was large (9 people), so we waited over an hour to be seated and nobody EVER came to even ask if we were all together much less communicate to us at all. We were then shown to a back (empty!!!) room. We then waited some fifteen minutes for the drink order to be taken. Another fifteen or more to GET said drinks and then almost thirty minutes to take our dinner order. I ordered an 8oz medium and got it well done. I'm ok with that personally but for the price I expect it to be spot on. Also, they ONLY sell the one cut of steak apparently which I find rather boggling seeing as it's a steak house *shrug* It then took a very long time to get refills of even soda or water for our table. Oh and those mixed drinks were basically fruit juice that someone waved in front of a liquor bottle. I think a 12oz bottle of Bud has more booze in it than our mixed ($7) drinks had!!

Overall, I really wanted to love this place. My standards aren't even terribly high. But, if you're going to charge this much for the food it should be a top notch experience IMO. We will sadly not be going back there until they get their wait staff on the ball. Train them to handle large crowds. Which, you'd think they'd be pros at seeing as this place only does dinner, I think they're only open from 6-11 IIRC? So, you KNOW they get a big push all the time.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tim B
Raleigh, North Carolina
“You can do better,”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

I have been to many steak houses in my time ranging from average to sensational. This one ranges on a scale of 1 to 10 as a -5. Here's my experience:

1) I ordered a 10 ounce medium ribeye steak that came out with no pink at all. Its like the cook just forgot the steak on the stove. It was charged to the point all I could taste was burnt embers. I did not ask for a well done steak.

2) Service was very slow and not pleasant. Please refill my drink with out me having to ask repeatedly.

3) The cook was the scrufiest looking chef I have ever seen. I am used to cooks being properly dressed and presented. This one just seemed dirty and unwashed. I am sorry but you really have to have seen what came out to me and asked how I would like my steak cooked.

For my experience, the mess up of the steak and absolute lack of professional and courteous service and the apparent lack of hygenic chef, I have rated this restaurant a one star.

I do not do this lightly but please, after spending in excess of $45 I expect more.

• Visited February 2014