“Ok except for cleanliness”

Holiday Inn Express Williamston
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Williamston
“Ok except for cleanliness”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Very unprofessional for clerks to make fun of customer in front of other customers after he leaves. Especially when issue was their fault. I ignored the comments while I was being checked in. Our room door was open when we arrived and smelled strongly of cigarettes. I asked for another room. This one smelled like a vets office with disinfectant spray. The refrigerator wouldn't close and the entire inside looked like a snow cave. The inside top of the microwave had so much old food spatter it was unappealing. The shampoo and lotion bottles were half used. Other than that the hotel was ok for one night. Wouldn't stay longer.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank harlylena
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear harlylena,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our hotel. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Kennesaw, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

So I booked this hotel on my favorite hotel website "hotwire" and got it for $80 per night(we stayed 2) instead of the $100 on Holiday Inn's website. I still believe the rate was way to high for the area but it was what it was. So we get there around 3:30(check in is 3) and the clerk tells us that the rooms were not ready yet and to wait an extra half hour! When we finally got our room it had no microwave or fridge. The size of the bedroom and bathroom was accommodating though. If your looking for a decent complimentary breakfast your not going to get it here and when we finally were about to check out we saw a paper underneath our door with a $146.00 charge!. I had to go to the clerk again and he explained it was a bill to hotwire that was not meant for us and we were never suppose to see it. I must say I will never go here again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jazzy D
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Jazzy D,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize for the over-all issues you had during stay and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Newport, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

We travel every other weekend with our daughter who plays travel softball. We spend our time in hotels on the weekend as much as we spend at home so, with that being said I have NEVER had my credit card ran twice for a room until last weekend at the Holiday Inn in Williamston NC! I've made several phone calls about this situation and everytime I talk with someone I get the run around. Now, I'm being told it could take awhile to show up, give it a week or so and call back if I don't see my extra 100 + dollars add back. Unacceptable, it took a matter of 10 seconds to make the mistake and I have to sit back and wait a week or so to see if it was taking care of or not.
I don't mind at all paying for the extra amenities that are are advertized when they work! One reason we picked this hotel is the pool. It was very hot that weekend we stayed and the girls after playing ball all day just wanted to jump into the pool. We were very upset when we got to the hotel to check in and realized the pool was closed. We got into our room and the fridge was not working. Went to take a shower and the shampoo and soap had not be replaced in our room. The next morning we took several girls down for breakfest before Sunday's softball games just to find out the waffle machine wasn't working.
I have never complained about a hotel before but, as a whole I was very disappointed! I feel like the price for the room was a bit much after finding out all the things that were out of order but then to be charged twice and not to have a answer on if it was credited back or not is very bad customer service!
Beverley Barnes

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Beverley B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, 23 June 2013
Dear Beverley B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We value you as our guest and we are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and were not satisfied with the service that you received. We have sent you a private message regarding your review.

Zelyn N
statesboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was visiting Williamston because of the death of a family member. I really enjoyed my stay there, the young lady who was attending the front desk was very nice and polite, she greeted me and thanked me for being a Priority Club member she even gave me a upgrade without me asking. I would recommend this motel for travelers passing bye.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Wiley D, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
steve c
The staff would like to say sorry for your loss.Thank you for taking the time out to submit a review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We looking forward to you staying with us again in the near future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

As an IHG Employee, the property was no doubt up to standards. Beautiful hotel. I did witness the manger "attacking" an employee. Even went as far as throwing off his sports coat and trying to engage the employee in an physical altercation. Everyone in the breakfast area overheard the altercation, and this is not professional at all. Keep it professional Paris.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank slowpoke24
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Williamston, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear slowpoke24,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us and if your stay was negatively affected by the customer service from our staff. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

When reviewing a property like this that has a good to excellent circle rating and many reviews, what do I say that hasn’t already been said many times before? For me, what I look for in this circumstance is the most recent reviews to see whether the property continues to earn positive reviews. Therefore I’ll provide this summary review.

When traveling, I look for places that are four to five circles in “trip advisor”, that are reasonably priced for the area, that offer a free breakfast and have free wireless internet service. This property met those conditions. We were greeted nicely and offered an upgrade to a suite for no additional charge because we are members of their priority club. Everything about our experience was very satisfactory. The internet connectivity and quality was very good. A fine breakfast was offered. We can confirm the positive comments in other reviews and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Windsor, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Check in went smooth, room was great, bill was correct. Slept like a baby. Service was polite and helpful. This is how it should be! What more can you ask?

Will be travelling to this area frequently on business and will be utilising this hotel for my stays. Please keep me happy!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamston
Hampton Inn Williamston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Suites-Greenville
Hampton Inn Washington
Hampton Inn Washington
#1 of 7 in Washington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Williamston? Share your experiences!