“Great DOWN HOME SOUTHERN Cooking!”

Shamrock Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 28 Restaurants in Williamston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Southern cooking and hospitality, at its BEST! Driving through, having to stay the night. This restaurant was across the street from where we were staying. Had read the fried chicken was the BEST! We always eat dinner, early, so it wasn't at all crowded. Clean, comfortable place. Greeted by friendly people that apparently were the owners. Fast service. Nice menu. Asked what is the best and was told several things that are popular. We both had the fried chicken which ABSOLUTELY was the BEST I've ever had. Crisp! Cole slaw was very nice, being fixed differently than I'd had before (had pickle relish) really good! Prices were family friendly, too! Will definitely go out of our way, if in the area again, to go back to the SHAMROCK!

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Even though it was very late we were not rushed, all of the staff was very kind. The deserts were wonderful.

1  Thank A_V_Wedding_Lady
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The food is really good, but we got there about 30minutes before the lunch buffet closed and they had stopped restocking it.

1  Thank RamblingManTN
Reviewed 11 December 2012

You will love this restaurant. It is family owned and operated by locals. The food is so good and the prices are great! Lots of country food cooked like the locals are use to. Be sure to give it a try if you are passing through.

1  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Tonight I chose the buffet for $10.95. After I sat down I discovered the food was cold. I asked for a box so I could take it to room to perhaps warm up and eat later. The cashier informed me that she would have to weigh my food and charge extra. I told her that the food was cold and she began to argue with me. Needless to say, I left the food on the table.

I will never go back to this restaurant because of the way I was made to feel that I was trying to cheat them

2  Thank patnaut