“Folks love this place.”

Ranked #10 of 27 Restaurants in Williamston
Price range: US$0 - US$7
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, North Carolina
“Folks love this place.”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Good place for barbecue and fried or barbecue chicken. The breakfast is outstanding. It is a comfortable cafe.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mack L

Williamston, North Carolina
“Good barbacue!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The food hear was very good.I have eaten there in the past and I would also recommend it to other's.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Stan B
Stow, Ohio
“excellent East Coast Carolina Style BBQ , near perfect”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I don't see why people have given this place bad reviews because THEY HAVE NEVER HAD NC BBQ BEFORE . If you aren't accustomed to the food don't rate the place bad , GO SOMEPLACE ELSE . Its not the food that's bad its your personal preference. I never understand this in any of the reviews I read from any region of the country.

That said ,Shaw's has great Carolina Pork BBQ , slaw and cornbread . Its not western style or KC style its NC style and its fantastic for that type of BBQ . If you're expecting something else don't give them a bad review become a real food reviewer and grow from the experience of trying different cuisines without being too critical.
The chicken is pretty decent but not my favorite . We get just fried wings and fries sometimes. Have also enjoyed the potato salad and baked beans , all good. Sometimes the cornsticks are a little too dry.

I've eaten all types of food all over but I won't and don't pan a place because I don't understand the food. Its like going to Asia and being pissed all the food doesn't taste like American fast food.
Shaw's is great for NC style homecooked food plain and simple.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank 262Dave
Wake Forest, North Carolina
“From What I've Had So Far - Below Average”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We are new to North Carolina - been here for a year. We have loved trying the North Carolina barbecue - mainly eastern as we never had anything like that in California. Anyways, stopped in on the way home from the coast and for a small little town, we were pleased with how clean and well kept is seemed. I was hoping for a restaurant, and this is like fast food barbecue - you're number is called and everything served in plastic on a tray.

I had the Pork Pickins and my mom had Fried Shrimp. We both had slaw and fries as our sides. The pork was pretty much standard (2 1/2 out of 5 stars) and the barbecue sauce tasted pretty much like all the other eastern barbecue sauce we've tried (3 out of 5 stars). The fried shrimp were very small, did not taste real fresh and the coating tasted like the oil was too old (1 1/2 out of 5 stars). The sides were average. We tried the hushpuppies, and again, standard fare (2 out of 5 stars). They certainly weren't homemade. The corn sticks were very hard - not edible (1 out of 5 stars). If you're going to do cornbread, that is a really easy one to do right. The cole slaw was okay (2 out of 5 stars). It was ground up to mush and too much of a mustard taste. The fries were standard fries.

I guess what really bugged me was the girl at the counter. We walk in, a blond gal is behind the counter and I tried asking a few questions. I mentioned that we hadn't eaten there before, and she made no attempt to help us out with any recommendations. She seemed rather bored and unhappy in her job, and made me think that someone who cared a bit more should be the owners front line help. Maybe in this little town, someone would appreciated having the job more than her. When I asked if we could order 8 hushpuppies, as the menu said they were .15 cents each, she just said "you can order 12". Really? Then why doesn't the menu say the price for 12? Then when I asked for Diet Coke, she didn't say they were a Pepsi house, but my mom pointed out that it was Pepsi. So we changed our order to unsweetened ice tea. I guess I would have gotten Diet Pepsi when I actually asked for a Diet Coke. Finally, I asked if the lemon and chocolate pie was made there. She said "no, it comes in a box". Wow. So for service, the place was a 1 out of 5 star. Maybe she was having a bad day, maybe they do such a good business that they don't care if their staff doesn't care or is not helpful. But even though the prices are fair for what you get, I won't be going back. We try to give our business to mom and pop operations as it makes us feel good to try to support local people and economies. But what with the food being average and the staff being well-below average, I will skip on barbecue in Williamston.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Love-Wyoming
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Average BBQ”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Been here a number of times while passing through on business. Pulled pork has good flavor and I do like their sauce, but they could stand to put more on the sandwich. Little lean on the size.

Visited May 2013