“Beautiful country getaway!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamston
Big Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Williamston B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We just returned from an absolutely lovely weekend at Big Mill. Looking to get out of town for a few days, my husband and I booked a few days in the Corn Crib... and are so glad that we discovered this special spot.

The property is absolutely beautiful, with charming farm buildings scattered across well-maintained grounds. There are Adirondack chairs, wrought iron seating, and hammocks placed around the area-- even an intimate sitting area set up beneath a grape trellis illuminated with tiny white Christmas lights. It seems that there is a special place to talk, read, dream, and share a picnic everywhere you look.

Chloe prepares an outstanding Continental breakfast and delivers it to your room each evening. During our stay, the breakfast included some combination of fresh fruit, homemade breads, granola, jams, quiche, Greek yogurt, and a thermos of orange juice and milk. We loved the convenience of having our own miniature kitchen in the room and took advantage of it each day by preparing our own wine and cheese picnics which we enjoyed in our room and outside at night.

The Corn Crib is an intimate little hideaway and with its overstuffed chair-and-a-half, two-person countertop seating in the kitchen, and queen bed, it's absolutely perfect for the couple who loves to spend time together. We're looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed at Big Mill for three nights, and I really enjoyed my stay.The setting was very peaceful with ponds and fields.My room was spacious, and the quilts were just lovely. Thanks to the owner bringing breakfast the night before, I was able to enjoy it the next morning in my pajamas! Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This was the perfect weekend getaway for us. Completely relaxing! Chloe took great care of us, the food was delicious, we really liked the rooms, and the location was beautiful.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I had a rough month (my 18-year old dog died) and needed time to collect myself - so I decided to go back to nature. Big Mill B&B was a farm before it was converted to a B&B, so it was a perfect spot. Private entrance to my room (The Mule Room) and breakfast served to the room were great bonuses. I watched the evening primrose put on a nightly floor show, paddled around on the pond, and watched hummingbirds and butterflies while swinging in the oversized hammock. 3 days later and I was ready to take on the world. Thank you, Chloe!

Room Tip: All have private entrance.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed at the Big Mill bed and breakfast for two nights while we visited the area. We stayed in the Packhouse Suite. It's a very spacious suite that is beautifully decorated, central air conditioned and our bed was very comforable. We had plenty of privacy and the property is beautiful. There's plenty of property to walk while enjoying the views. We received a warm welcome from Chloe the (innkeeper/owner), she's very friendly and was available to answer questions and offer recommendations of places to eat in the area. Chloe prepared a very tasty continental breakfast and put it in our refrigerator in the evening for us to enjoy in the morning. We enjoyed the hammock for two outside our suite that we swung in on a beautiful night while looking up at the stars. We enjoyed everything about the Big Mill and would definitely stay again when we return to the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cdalcomine
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Loved, loved, loved Big Mill B&B! Way to go, Chloe, for creating and maintaining this piece of heaven - and for sharing it with us! My husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay here - and only wish we could have stayed longer as there is so much to do in this part of NC. The town of Williamston and its people are genuine, welcoming and charming.

We've stayed at lots of B&Bs, but this one is a standout for uniqueness and comfort. Loved the idea of having our breakfast delivered the night before. Genius! We were tired from a long drive and it allowed us the luxury of being able to sleep in a bit and lounge over breakfast in the privacy and comfort of our own kitchen. We stayed in the Packhouse suite which has its own entrance and is basically a whole apartment!

The rooms are beautifully and tastefully decorated and the grounds are tranquil. Get ready for a perfect night's sleep : ) We couldn't have asked for more! Thanks again, Chloe - you are the perfect hostess.

NOTE: We ate dinner at Sunnyside Oyster House, which is a phenomenal foodie (and historic) treasure. Texas oysters!! They close soon for the season, but there are other great local dining options.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank liveoutloud
Reviewed 6 May 2011

I have stayed at Big Mill several times and have had wonderful experiences each time. It was recommended to me by friends who are avid birders and they described it as a "hidden treasure". I thoroughly agree!

The location is very rural -- fields, woods, ponds, swamps -- and very peaceful. My favorite rooms are in a barn behind the main house. While the term "barn" might be off-putting to some, the rustic charm is comforting to me. The rooms or suites are clean, well-maintained, comfortable, and contain all the modern conveniences any traveler would need. The night-sounds of a rural setting -- frogs, crickets, wind-in-the-pines, etc. -- provide soothing slumber if you choose to open your windows.

Chloe, the innkeeper, delivers breakfast to each suite the evening before and places it in the refrigerator. That way, you can choose what time you enjoy your meal (and you can avoid the sometimes-awkward dining-room conversations that occur at beds and breakfasts). The breakfasts consistently top the typical continental fare in most business-travel hotels. Chloe's selections usually include a wedge of quiche, fresh seasonal fruit, homemade preserves, homemade breads/granolas, orange juice, milk, and coffee. Very tasty!

Chloe is also a big supporter of local businesses and is always happy to provide recommendations for restaurants, things to do, etc.

My job requires approximately 50% travel so I am well-accustomed to busines-travel hotels. Big Mill is a welcome diversion from the standard hotel options. I would highly recommend Big Mill for business or leisure travel!

Room Tip: Just call Chloe and ask!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business