“Perfect 25th Anniversary Destination”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamston
Big Mill Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Williamston B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Youngsville, NC
“Perfect 25th Anniversary Destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2009

We stayed for 1 night at Big Mill and there was NO disappointment. It is the perfect place to unwind and take some great down time! We arrived early and Chloe met us on the porch with a big smile and Happy Anniversary greeting and sign noting all guests and their welcomes! She took us on a casual tour and our Suite (Packhouse) was all perfectly ready, cleaned and looked just like the pictures on website with no detail forgotten! We brought our own lunch and had a great place to dine outside by our room and the celebration began! Couples massages were awesome by Tilly & Charles at 4 p.m. in our suite for more relaxing and then 7 p.m. catered dinner with menu prearranged and all arrived on time & yummmmy! Breakfast is delivered the evening before with notes and you can have it in your own timeframe and privacy which we loved! Detail, details, details - Chloe hasn't missed one! Everything is already thought of! We loved Moses the kitty and the property is so refreshing and quiet! We would go back in a minute! From Wake Forest, NC area only 1.5 hour drive with a couple of stops so easy travel! Go & enjoy!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Newport News, Va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

We had an absolutely wonderful weekend with Chloe at the Big Mill Bed and Breakfast. We felt right at home the minute we arrived. Chloe was busy baking bread but stopped to welcome us and show us to our room. The grounds are so beautiful and relaxing and our room the Packhouse was spacious and perfect. We choose to make a quiet candlelit dinner in our room one evening rather than go out. True to her character Chloe said if we were missing anything that she probably had it in her kitchen. We weren't missing anything the kitchen was well equiped for cooking. It was a romantic evening that we will remember forever. We took the rowboat out on the lake and went fishing, picked grapes from the vine (Chloe showed us how to find the ripe ones), took naps, walked the beautiful grounds and enjoyed the area restaurants. If you are considering a visit stop talking about it and book today. We will definately go back. A wonderful getaway!!

Rudy & Jan

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2009

I was a semi-permanent guest at Big Mill. I resided there from March until the end of May (sorry it took me so long to write my rave review). I came to North Carolina and everything was new to me, Chloe welcomed me with open arms (Deloris Too:)). I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and I miss relaxing on the property everyday! I could not have asked for a better home away from home! I will be back! Thanks again Chloe...I miss You! :)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at Big Mill Bed & Breakfast for our first anniversary vacation and we're trying to figure out how we can get back for a weekend before another year goes by. Chloe was a great hostess and the two rooms we stayed in -- the Mardi Gras Suite and the Packhouse Suite -- were fantastic. We looked forward to our beautiful breakfasts each morning (or whenever we woke up!).

My husband and I live in Raleigh and we were a little skeptical that the Williamston area would have much to offer us, but it was central to several places on the eastern side of the state that we don't visit much so we thought we'd give it a shot. The wonderful thing about Big Mill was that we could just relax on the grounds if we wanted, with no pressure to leave and get involved in too many activities. When we did want to go out, places like historic Edenton, Washington, Bath, and even the outer banks were a reasonable drive away. There was a Piggly Wiggly and a Wal Mart nearby for quick trips to pick up supplies.

We took advantage of every extra service that Big Mill offers: in-room massages, catered desserts, and even a flower delivery (a birthday gift from my husband). Everything was great!

Thank you for everything, Chloe!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ambermae
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

We stayed in the Corn Crib room. It was just beautiful & cozy! Relaxing too!! The innkeeper was a wonderful hostess. Loved the breakfast, homemade yogurt, granola, jams, quiche. Loved the entryway into our room. Roasted hot dogs over the fireplace in the entryway. We will definitely be back for our 10 year anniversary next year. We have stayed at 4 BNB's & this one is the best, by far!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DreamFighter
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

My husband and I stayed in Big Mill's Mardi Gras Suite for one night of a two-week exploration of the Carolinas. I made all of the travel arrangements and picked Big Mill because we needed a place to stop on our way to Ocracoke. We wish now that we had skipped Ocracoke altogether and spent the extra time at Big Mill.

The pictures of the suite and the grounds simply do not do justice to this B&B, which was both a surprise and a pleasure. The Mardi Gras suite was _very_ spacious, clean and comfortable. We really liked the handmade soaps and attention to detail. As soon as we arrived, we felt immediately that the room and its furnishings had been designed with comfort and relaxation in mind. We loved the sign that welcomed us by name. Our innkeeper, Chloe, was so interesting and hospitable- we felt very much like cherished guests even though we were only staying one night!

We expected the breakfast to be "continental", but we did not expect it to be homemade granola, a yummy quiche, breads, fruit-- enough to satisfy even my always hungry husband and utterly delicious to boot. We appreciated that our breakfast foods were brought in the evening before so we could eat at our leisure the next morning.

The grounds are really amazing, beautiful and lots of romantic hotspots (grapevine covered pergola, bridges, sitting areas). We spent an hour or so paddling in the small lake then lounging by the small reflecting pond outside of our suite. We had never been to NC and pretty much fell in love with the area. I've stayed at several B&Bs and frankly, feel that this one has raised the bar for our expectations.

After we got back from our vacation, we spent some time going over what were the best and worst parts of the trip and both agreed that we might like to plan a longer trip to stay at Big Mill and spend more time exploring the surrounding area. This B&B was definitely a bright and shining star in our memory!

• Liked — attention to detail
  • Disliked — absolutely nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank CO_sojourner
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2008

Actually, a class in relaxation and stress reduction is not necessary because it comes so easy at Big Mill as soon as you step out of your car. I stayed for 7 days at this enchanting, charming B&B, located on a farm in eastern North Carolina. The Grading Room Suite was comfortable upscale accomodations yet casual with its hardwood floors, contemporary leather couch and European kitchen. The views of the farm, its gardens and sunsets from the hammock outside the suite were wonderful. I shall return.

• Liked — Uniqueness
  • Disliked — No dislikes
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamston
Hampton Inn Williamston
#4 of 6 in Williamston
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Plymouth

Been to Big Mill Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!