“Excellent hotel if staying with your dog”

Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We spent one night at the Wilmington Residence Inn while visiting Wrightsville Beach. The location was very convenient - many shops & restaurants on the same street and 5 miles to the beach. The room was very clean and appropriately equipped for a short term or long term stay. We brought our dog and paid $75 to have him in the room. The room was on the 2nd floor, close to the side entrance and there was a dog walk on the property. Since many hotels do not allow dogs, we expecting a lesser room - this was certainly not the case and we were very pleased with the room, service, ammenities and breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel for those traveling to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 October 2009

We traveled with our dog and had a pet room - it was spotless, no odors and accommodations more than we had expected. The one problem - even though I had told them I would need a pet friendly room, I was not told until check in that if my dog should disturb other guests, I would be held liable for their relocation to another room. Since she had not created problems in the past, I felt okay but did leave two cell phone numbers and asked to be called and given the opportunity to come back and take care of her if there was a problem. It was an unexpected emergency trip and she must have sensed our emotions. She was noisy the second night, the guests checking in beside us asked to be moved, HOWEVER, before charging me, Dean-Residence Inn employee called me and said she was noisy. He assured me there would be no extra charges and they had been back down the hall and she was quiet. I assured them I was on my way back to the room. All was well. Many thanks to the employees, I had made them aware of my whereabouts when I had to leave and they followed through. That does not happen often. Would I stay there again, you bet. The thoughtfulness of the employees and their willingness to work with you makes a winning combination for the Mariott and guests.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Let me first say that I've stayed at many a nice hotel (the Ritz is my favorite), so I didn't quite know what to expect at the Residence Inn. With that said we were looking for a place with a pool that was convenient to the beach and shopping. This place was such a pleasant surprise. Every single person that we spoke with from the front desk to the cleaning crew couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. I actually forgot my Kindle there, and before I'd even realized it was missing someone notified me that I'd left it behind. They sent it back to me the very next day. The rooms were spacious and clean - very clean. The breakfast in the morning was generous. And best of all, the place allows animals! And you can tell that they actually like their furry guests.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I was pleasantly surprised on this hotel. Great staff, very friendly and helpful . I traveled with four kids and a dog and I was amazed on how pet friendly the hotel is. The rooms were very clean, the beds comfortable and the best of all was the wonderful foods that we enjoyed everyday from Monday through Thursday. All courtesy of the Manager!
Will visit again fur sure!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2009

Prior to my recent stay, I've usually stayed at the Wilmington Courtyard. Because you only get half the Marriott Rewards points, I usually avoid Residence Inns. In Wilmington, it turns out that is a big mistake. While the Courtyard is an older, out of date, somewhat dirty property, this hotel is very, very nice.

Everything in the room was clean and working. The bed was comfortable. The carpet is pretty new. The bathroom isn't fancy, but it's layout is very good and it sparkled.

The staff was particularly helpful when a small situation - mine not the hotel's - arose.

I recommend this hotel highly.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Wonderful staff made this an easy event to plan... 40 rooms with no complaints among the attendees make this a hotel to remember. The site was located close to many activities but remains in a location that keeps the hustle and bustle and accompanying noises away from the guests. The morning breakfasts put all of those continental breakfasts at the other comparable hotels to shame. I’ve recommended this hotel to other friends and business groups needing a clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced location to hold meetings.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2008

We just spent Thanksgiving weekend - 3 nights along with our golden retriever and had an excellent experience. Great location to the beaches, downtown Wilmington, very clean and an excellent free breakfast each morning. When we travel with our dog, we expect a very clean environment and attractive surroundings. It was a very positive experience.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank HappyBoomers