“Unbelievably poor service”

Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unbelievably poor service”
Reviewed 24 July 2006

I'm a Platinum member, and this hotel would not let me use a Category Four Marriott Rewards Certificate for one of my two nights I tried to book. The reason given, after being put on hold three times was that they could not process the certificate for a one bedroom, only a studio, and they had no studios available for the dates I needed, but they had one bedrooms available. Uh, Wrong. The certificate clearly states studio or one bedroom at a Residence Inn or TownPlace Suites. To top it off, the price difference was a whopping $5. Clearly a management issue - Platinum membership carried no weight at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank deedub77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
swansboro, north carolina
Reviewed 23 October 2005

Based on some of the past postings, I thought I was staying at an above average hotel. WRONG---had I checked all the info when I was making my reservations, I would have noticed somewhere in the hotel description that this was a pet friendly hotel. I love dogs, but not yapping at 7am for thirty minutes straight while the guest in that room where enjoying a yummy hot breakfast. The breakfast is good and the some of the front desk staff where pleasant. As far a cleanliness, when I got in the shower, it smelled of urine (come on people, quit peein in the showers-you know who you are). And there was mildew on the shower walls and around the hand rail in the shower. The closet door track was full of gunk and when I opened the window to let fresh air in the next morning, the window sills where filthy. The hotel is in a good location as far as good places to eat and Wrightsville Beach. Lots and Lots of shopping in the area. Just make sure you specify you want the room away from the pets and take clorox to clean the showers.-Have a nice Trip, Wilmington is a beautiful city...

4 Thank sethis1
Hickory, NC
Reviewed 6 August 2005

Scheduled a last minute trip to Wilmington, NC where we use to live some 18 years ago. Wow, has the place ever changed! Decided not to stay on the beach at Wrightsville, really too $$$. Residence Inn at Landfall was perfect actually, and did not detract from our stay in the least. We were close enough to restaurants and shopping and could get around town easily. It only took us 5-10 minutes to get to the beach, depending on traffic. We left for the beach early each morning before 10 am. Best to arrive early to find good public beach access parking. The hotel had a great complimentary breakfast each morning, just short of made-to-order, staff was friendly and quick to take care of any and all customer needs. The hotel was clean and well kept. Can't say enough about the accomodations or staff. Free wireless internet access was a plus, especially with a 15 year old needing to keep up with friends back home. We had a studio unit which had a full refrigerator, dishwasher, two-burner stove etc. Didn't use any of that, but it was nice and spacious and a small family of 3 or 4 (with a true one bedroom) could easily stay there a week and eat in from time to time to save $$. We'll surely consider returning for another stay at the Residence Inn Landfall in Wilmington.

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank cgbeeson
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 May 2005

I stayed at the Landfall Inn on April 15th thru the 17th for my birthday and this was by far the best hotel that I have ever been to. It was clean, the management was more than helpful, and the rooms were very spacious. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a great hotel to stay in.

Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 April 2005

I very much enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was accidentally placed in a smoking room, and they found a new nonsmoking one for me right away.
During the week there are complimentary happy hour snacks and drinks. If you need groceries they will even do the shopping for you!
The room was clean, very spacious, and relaxing. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business
4 Thank Maggie S
Travellers also viewed these Wilmington hotels
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach

Been to Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall

Property: Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall
Address: 1200 Culbreth Dr, Wilmington, NC 28405-3638
Region: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Coast > Wilmington
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#14 Romantic Hotel in Wilmington
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall Hotel Wilmington