Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had a nice experience during a 2 night stay. The room was spacious and the bed/bedding was very cozy. The amenities were good too; including free Wi-fi & breakfast. The only slight negative was that my son had a bloody nose during the night which left stains on his pillowcase & sheets. Housekeeping did not change them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
WilmingtonNC1, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear KDTNC,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay with us was. I'm glad you found our beds comfy and cozy and our rooms spacious. I apologize for the oversight of our housekeeping staff and will follow up with them to ensure this does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wilmington in the future.

Steve Janoski

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Had a very pleasant stay at this holiday inn. The staff was pleasant, the room was very clean and nicely updated. Best of all, it actually had an HD TV with HD channels (a rarity!). Also a plus for me: the entire hotel is smoke free!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear UNCbiz,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us was! I'm glad you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and found we fit your needs. By the end of the year our whole property will be remodeled so we would love for you to come back again to see us.

Steve Janoski

Reviewed 15 October 2013

My Wife and I recently spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - University Center in Wilmington, NC. Everyone we had contact with appeared to have one goal: "Treat everyone just as you would treat family" Very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
WilmingtonNC1, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Ken B,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was with us. I am so happy our staff was able to make you feel like family when you were our guest. It is our goal to make each guest feel the way you did when visiting us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Wilmington during your next visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at HIE University Center when he returned from Afghanistan in 2010. The people at the front desk were very helpful to me with getting the room set up, flowers, fruit, wine, etc! It was a very special home coming thanks to their help!

Since then we have had family stay at HIE when they visit us as well as business associates. We have always been happy with the room, staff and the awesome breakfast!

The location is great too with many restaurants to choose from, Walmart and Sams just blocks away, and convenient to Market St. to get to downtown Wilmington.

Being a military family we have traveled and lived all over. We really appreciate a nice hotel with friendly staff and comfy beds and sheets! Getting a free breakfast to start our morning seals the deal for us!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank michaela s

Dear Michaela S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your past stays have been. We are honored to have been your host hotel for your husband's homecoming and happy to hear we helped make it even more special than it already was.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we look forward to hosting your family and business associates again in the future!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The hotel was very clean, comfortable and convenient to everything. We really enjoyed our stay. The only negative was the fact that in our handicapped accessible room, the seat in the shower was not bolted in the wall very well and my husband nearly fell when he sat down. But, management was responsive. We will definitely stay again next time we're in Wilmington.

Room Tip: There were noisy children on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WilmingtonNC1, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Linda S,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write a review and let us know how your stay was. Secondly, please accept my sincerest apology about the handicap shower seat. I have personally been following up to ensure that it is taken care of and that no one else will have the experience that your husband had. Our maintenance staff has securely fastened the seat to the wall again and will be checking in periodically to make sure it stays that way.

Thank you for your understanding and kind compliments, we look forward to welcoming you back to Wilmington on you next visit.

Kevin A. Archer

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I travel all over North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia. I stay in alot of Hotels, but none compare to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Wilmington, NC. I have been staying at this Hotel since 2005. Sometimes while on the road you can get a little homesick, but at this Hotel when i walk through that door I honestly feel like i'm at home. The Staff there go's way above the Call of Duty to take care of my needs. From Kevin Archer Now the New GM to Pierette in Sales & Relations, and Rhonda which helps me start my day with a great breakfast, and a smile. The Staff there has earned not only my respect, but my business for life.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WilmingtonNC1, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wilmington - University Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Tracy B,

Thank you so much for letting us know how your stays have been. We love hearing from our frequent guests and I will be sure to let the whole staff know how much you like staying with us. I know everyone here enjoys seeing you during your stays and we are so happy you continue to choose us as your Wilmington hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Working in the airline industry, I have had the pleasure of traveling to many places. I would have to say that my stay at this Holiday Inn Express has been the best experience ever. Normally you meet a few people who treat you like they appreciate your business and treat you like a valued customer. EVER person that I have come in contact with at the hotel has treated me and ever guest that I have seen like they were the most important guest at the hotel. I want to thank the management and staff for me feel at home. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Wilmington for a couple days or a coulpe of weeks. They will definitely exceed any expectations you would may have.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Vernon C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay is going! We are so happy you chose the Holiday Inn Express & Suites as your place to stay when you are in Wilmington. We truly enjoy having you here and always look forward to seeing you during breakfast. I will let the entire staff know about all of your kind compliments.

Thank you for being a valued guest at our hotel.