“More upscale than a usual Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #15 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Rooms were a nice size and clean. It's was close to the beach. And the hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. Stay for one night or a few. There was also a very nice resturant in the parking lot. The free coffee in the lobby was also very much appreciated.

• Stayed: December 2012
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, without feedback from our guests it would be next to impossible to keep the hotel running smoothly. We try to enhance our guest experience by thinking like a guest and anticipating needs. Here, we truly believe service is the ultimate amenity and to hear that you were pleased means the world to my team and me. If you need any accommodations in the future please feel free to contact me as we look forward to being your home away from home while you are here in Wilmington. Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

From appearances and location, one would expect this place to be a "higher end" Hampton Inn gem. Unfortunately we encountered many issues here.

The first room they gave us smelled like mildew and had a machine running in it as if to remediate some type of water damage that recently occurred.

Breakfast food ran out 20 minutes before close and the kitchen staff's response was "we close at 10am" and it was clear they weren't going to lift a finger to accommodate us even though all the main items were wiped out. The 10am cut-off seems a bit misleading if that's going to be their position.

There was also a party next door to us until 4am with lots of door-slamming and pot smoke filling the hall. I would not have expected that in this location and would have hoped the staff had gotten on top of this before I had to make a phone call.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor to avoid a damp/mildew impacted room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank NCTravelPro
Lance F, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. Although our breakfast does close at 10am this does not mean we should ever run out of food while open. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate the feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while staying here, we want you to know that we have addressed our team members in regards to your review and will make the necessary changes. If you would please give me a call at the hotel 910-256-9600 I would love to talk to you in greater detail about your experience.
Lance Fischer
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

We have stayed here several times for races and have always enjoyed it. Location is around many places to eat and not far from Wrightsville beaches. Great access to sidewalks and running paths too. Hotel is nicely set back from the road, so very quite.

• Stayed: October 2012
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property, it really means a lot to hear positive things about our hotel. I love our secluded setting tucked away from the hustle and bustle and I am glad you can enjoy this too when you come to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Wilmington area and appreciate that you chose to stay with us. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to contact me in the future as I will always gladly help in any way possible. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

I got married on wrightsville beach in October 2012. I needed a room for a night and stayed here. For the price and location its a great deal. I would stay here again and the staff was very good. The room was clean and i would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to us that you found our property on your wedding night and better yet, that you and your significant other enjoyed yourselves while staying with us. Please come back and stay with us again sometime soon. You can always come and stay with us again on your anniversary, if not sooner. Please let me know if you need any future accommodations and if you come back and stay on your anniversary I promise to make it extra special for you. Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to write a review about your stay.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

In my opinion this Hampton Inn is not up to par with others we have stayed at. 1) There was a cockroach in the bathroom. This was unsettling, however I do I understand the issues with these type of bugs in a southern beach town location as I live in one myself. 2) The king sized bed was right up against the window air conditioning unit in the bedroom. This was not a good set-up, especially with the air conditioning unit sounding like it was going to explode every time the compressor came on. Kept me awake most of the night. 3)The furniture in the Living Room was dirty. The arms of the chair felt sticky...YUCK! 4)The breakfast was TERRIBLE. Please tell me how you can burn microwave pancakes? The bagels were very stale. Absolute worst Hampton Inn breakfast of any I have every had.

The only good thing about this place was the location. Have to say the women behind the front desk seemed more interested in socializing with each other than satisfying their guest's needs. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marlmodz
Lance F, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. Also, I have addressed the quality of our breakfast with our staff, and we have made the necessary corrections. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

We spent the w/end October 5 thru 7, 2012. We were in town for a wedding. Spent Saturday on Wrightsville Beach (short drive from the hotel). It was clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast could use some improvement. I got a glass of wine from the bar which was priced at a premium and then got a service charge since I put it on my room tab. :( The hotel is within walking distance of some great restaurants. Difficult to choose since we only were there for one dinner. We decided on Bocca Bay and were not dissapointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. We are working with our breakfast team to try and improve our breakfast to get up to par with our family of Hampton's.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Sept. It was a nice hotel with very comfortable beds and very quiet which made for a great nights sleep. When checking in they had me in a room on the 2nd floor which was not to my liking as we are smokers and wanted a room near a door. The staff was pleasant and immediately fulfilled my wishes. We stayed in one night and ordered pizza then left early in the morning the next day leaving dishes in the sink and housekeeping did those for us which was very nice. We did do the complimentary breakfast one day which had a good variey. The only down side was the biscuits and gravy, unfortunately the gravy was pretty bad. Overall, you can't go wrong with this hotel it had plenty of room for our family of four, was clean, comfortable and quiet. By the way we booked a 1 bedroom suite which was nice as my husband and I had our own area and tv away from the kids!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Residence Inn Wilmington Landfall
Staybridge Suites Wilmington East

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!