“grab bar follow-up”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
hilton head sc
“grab bar follow-up”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

fortunately, not hurt, but grab bar gave away from tile surround in suite's whirlpool tub. seemed that bar was not properly secured. front desk were concerned and repair work ordered. no further communication from mngmnt or offer to comp that night (we had been there for 3 nights prior) was rather shabby, IMO. in the motels defense, they were EXTREMELY busy. so just a heads up. NEVER!!! trust a grab bar @ home or away. hope this is being checked out throughout the entire chain and prevents a terrible fall or worse.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank wooduck
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your stay. I am so sorry to hear about this and I am dissapointed that it was never brought to my attention by any of my team members. I will contact you directly to talk to you about your stay and see what I can do for you for your inconvenience. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Winston-Salem,NC
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Location-4.5,easy walking to many restaurants/pubs/stores
Staff- 4.8 - very good..great people
Parking - 4.0- very tight spaces,plenty but tight
rooms - 3.6 - small,no fridge, no microwave,poor TV (No HD).
Breakfast- 4.0 - decent
Cleanliness- 4.0
Gym - 3.6 - not very exciting
Price - 3.4- very high for what you get

Average - right at 4.0

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheScanian
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again in the near future and feel free to contact me if I can be of any assistance in turning the 3's and 4's into 5's. Take care!
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here as a stop over on our way to Myrtle Beach. The hotel was beautiful, the staff was polite, friendly and very helpful. We liked it so much we will be traveling to the area soon with some family members and will definitely staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank 180catherinem
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
We are so glad to hear you were pleased with our service and amenities. We can't wait to have you back soon and hope that we continue to be your home away from home while you visit Wilmington, North Carolina. Thank you again!
Clemmons, NC, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

The staff was very friendly and kind. Check-in was fast and efficient. Had a number of good things to choose from at breakfast. The room was nice enough, but the bathroom wasn't very clean and the drainage of the tub was very poor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Michael M
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm happy to hear that my team served you well. However I hate to hear that you were dissatisfied with the clenliness of your bathroom. I will address the issues with my housekeeping team and my maintenance team to correct the problem. We hope you come back and stay with us again and we can show you what we really are all about. Thanks and take care!
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Our group of five families stayed at the Hampton Inn Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach for the recent UNCW graduation weekend. The hotel was very busy, but the staff was unfailingly nice and helpful, taking every opportunity to make sure we were satisfied. The hotel rooms show wear and tear typical of heavily-used beach area hotels, but the common areas are in good condition and everyplace was clean. The biggest issue for us was the antiquated air conditioning units that were always on and very noisy, making sleep difficult. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank David K
Thank you for using our hotel during your loved one's graduation, what and exciting event! I am happy to hear that my team served you well, they truly believe service is the ultimate amenity. I am sorry about the a/c unit unfortunately we are an older property so those units are what we have to work with, however, we are testing some products right now to eliminate noise and updating the units as necessary. I hope we see you back as soon as you get the chance to return to wilmington and if you need anything in the meantime please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 May 2014

As usual I throughly enjoyed my stay. I always seek out Hampton Inns when looking for a hotel because of the cleanliness and wonderful beds. The coffee and breakfast is also very enjoyable and the staff couldn't be more helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank 540debbies
Thank you for being a returning customer and for telling us about your trip to our property. We hope you come back and see us as soon as you can and I will share your kind words with my hardworking team. Take Care!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband, son and I stayed at this location over Easter. We were visiting family members in Whiteville, NC. The hotel was very clean, however very small. We stayed at another Hampton Inn on the road, and the room was much bigger. We were only there to sleep, so there were no complaints. My only issue is how far away we were, when I was booking, I thought I had booked another Hampton Inn, that was a little closer to our family. So in the future, while we will probably stay at a Hampton Inn in Wilmington, it probably will not be this one.
The breakfast was ok, we stayed two nights, but only ate breakfast there one morning. We at breakfast at the Cotton Exchange on the second morning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cspenc28
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are glad you stayed with us and we are sad to hear our location wasn't convenient for your travels. We hate to hear that you will not be back but we hope maybe you can come and stay with us again and maybe take a visit to the beach with your family. Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!