“Excellent staff but hotel rooms not what expected ”

Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Joliet, Illinois
“Excellent staff but hotel rooms not what expected ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The housekeeping staff is very nice. Room was small and no fridge in room. I was given a room with the pool outside my window. Expected some noise from pool area but kids screaming for over 2 hours that could be heard thru the AC unit and the tv at 8 pm. Asked to be moved but no other rooms available. Nice lobby. Not enough reserved spaces for diamond members( only 2 ). No way for hotel to know if people actually parked in spots were diamond.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. I am sorry you were dissapointed in our facility and hope that it does not stop you from coming back to our hotel the next time you are in the area. We do have specific room types of standard rooms and, of course, suites that have refrigerators in them. We are currently working on eventually getting mini fridges in all of our standard rooms. Until then when you come back just give me a call and I would be glad to set you up with accommodations in one of those rooms. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

From the minute you drive up in front this Hampton it is impressive. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Check in was very pleasant with Michelle greeting us as Diamond Members and taking care of our every need in a super friendly manner. It was easy to understand why the staff was so friendly as we met the Manager in the parking lot as we were unloading, she, Sylvia was so nice in talking with us. We told her about our super pleasant check in and she told us she works hard on training her staff and it surely shows.
The room was very clean, maybe a little small but comfortable. The surprise was this Hampton has a small bar and a managers reception on Wed. and Thurs. nights, so we were able to enjoy that. Plus there is a bar at the pool which looked clean and refreshing.
The location of the hotel is great for getting around and enjoying Wilmington.
The only negative I could find was breakfast left much to be desired. It was cold and not very well stocked. Our bacon and eggs were not even warm enough to melt cheese on top.
Overall this hotel is high on my list of favorites and I will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel and our team. Sylvia is a great leader and I agree that her dedication shows throughout the hotel and her team. We love hearing that you were comfortable and that your room was nice and clean for your stay. I will speak with the breakfast team and work with them in ensuring that the breakfast is always hot and fresh. I appreciate your feedback and I hope we see you back again real soon!
rALEIGH, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

With my sister and her daughter visiting, I wanted to take a quick trip to Wilmington to experience the the beach. the Hampton Inn landfall/Wrightsville was a great location. Everything was very clean and tropical. I felt relaxed as I entered the hotel. Very nice and spa-like surroundings. I would highly recommend this hotel to any type of visitor.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
I am so glad that our property was comfortable and relaxing for you during your recent trip here. We love hearing when guests enjoy themselves and when we can start lasting relationships with our valued customers. We appreciate your compliments and we would love to be your home away from home whenever you are in the area. Thank you!
Wilmington, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Location to our office was perfect. It's in a nice area of Wilmington...easy to get to. There were a couple of small complaints with the room but nothing that would make me not stay there again. Bed was really comfortable. Our A/C didn't seem to work quite as well as it should have. Usually those units freeze me to death, but this one didn't seem to be that way. Was kinda hot during the night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your business! I am looking into the issue with the A/C unit and will have my maintenance team working on it by the end of the day. Please come back and see us whenever you are in Wilmington, NC again. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I will do everything I can continue to improve the hotel in everyway. Thank you again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a real jewel. The location is convenient to the beach, but the secluded and well landscaped setting makes it a little resort unto itself. The pool area is wooded, includes a bricked patio--and even a cabana bar and pool towels. The staff was stellar, the king suite was great for the 4 of us and located just across the street from decent restaurants for those sun-soaked take-out nights. We will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.I am glad to hear that your time spent at our hotel was enjoyable. We look forward to many more visits for many more years to come. If you need anything feel free to let me know and in the meantime I look forward to your return. Take care!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I have been frequent visitors to the Wilmington area through the years and have stayed at all the Hilton family properties in the area but this was our first time at this property. The property is very conveniently located and the grounds are lush and inviting. However, the hotel itself is in need of significant updating. Our room was very cramped and the air conditioner was noisy and lacked a thermostat to adjust the temperature. The room lacked a refrigerator which I thought was now standard at Hilton properties, especially one at this price point. The carpet seemed dirty and housekeeping was pushy and intruded on our room at an early hour the first day of our stay even though we were not checking out that day. This property is substandard and a "poor cousin" to the other Hilton properties in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hogg79
Scott D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disapointed with your heating and cooling system in your room. I appreciate your feedback and will continue to do whatever I can to improve in all areas of the hotel. Come back and see us and thank you again.
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I highly recommend this hotel if you need quick access to Wrightsville Beach or any of the sites in Wilmington. You are only 5 minutes away from gorgeous beaches, Mayfaire Town Center, and about 10 minutes away from historic Wilmington's downtown area. After a day at the beach, the pool is a welcomed retreat. Breakfast was beyond expectations and included hot entrees as well as normal breakfast bar cuisine.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are so glad you enjoyed your time spent at our property. We will spread the warm praise to all of our team members here and we hope to have you back each and every time you visit Wilmington. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmington
SpringHill Suites Wilmington Mayfaire
Homewood Suites by Hilton Wilmington/Mayfaire
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
Sandpeddler Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Wrightsville Beach
Fairfield Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Wilmington Mayfaire Town Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Carolina Beach Oceanfront

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach? Share your experiences!