“Older Motel but Clean and Functional”
Review of Super 8 Wilmington

Super 8 Wilmington
Ranked #36 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've stayed here many times over the past 8 years and it is always clean and the staff is friendly.
The Motel is an older one but has been remodeled a couple of times. I would suggest checking the AC and refrigerator in the unit before settling in. Some have not worked for me.
Also tell the manager at check in you don't want to use the safe. If you don't tell them they always put the charge i your rate.
Don't expect much for a breakfast - it is very basic.
Overall the best for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower level feel damp sometimes
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I'm very picky about where I stay because I do work for a hotel as a housekeeper myself. I first went to a different hotel and decided to check out the super 8 after checking that room. Yes it needs a lot of updating to the furniture and bathroom appliances but it is clean and the bed didn't feel like a sheet of concrete and front desk was very nice. So all together its a good place to stay for the cheapest price and clean rooms. Its not 5 stars but I didn't pay for a 5 star so I was satisfied.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather E
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my first BAD review of anything! Went on a whim and book the Super 8 in Wilmington. I have never stayed at a Super 8 before so I have nothing to compare it to. We checked in to the hotel around 12:30am. Told our room was on the third floor. OK, no big deal. Started looking for an elevator. You have to go down aprox. 4/5 stairs to get out of the lobby to the first floor. Looked all around the first floor for an elevator. Turns out they don't have one. Not one we would could find anyway. While walking the first floor we were dodging de-humidifiers! We schlep our stuff up to the third floor. Find our room. I open the door and the worst stench smacks me right in the face before I even open the door all the way. My friend is behind me with her nose covered asking me what that smell is. I took two steps in the door and walked right back out. I have no idea what died in that room, but something did! We schlepped right back down to the lobby. Front desk clerk asked what was wrong. My friend explained how the room smelled so bad we couldn't even go in. We asked for a refund so we could stay elsewhere. The clerk explained how he can't give a refund for anything over $60.00, but he could put us in a new room. We decided that since it was 1:00 in the morning we would see what the other room looked like. We asked for one on the first floor as we were not crawling back up to the third floor. The second room we were given did not have a smell to it (thank goodness). The room was ok. Older furniture, safe, etc., but we decided we could handle it for one night. The bathroom must have just been redone because it was very nice. That was the only nice thing about the hotel. While getting ready in the morning someone around our room must have been smoking because the bathroom smelled like someone was in there smoking next to me. Overall not a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelingbug39
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garland S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This Super 8 was a nice clean place to stay. I requested two nonsmoking rooms on the first floor and our rooms were the first ones inside the door. The breakfast area was just twenty steps away. There were no tables in the breakfast area, so we had a sunrise breakfast on the outside patio area. The front desk staff were very helpful, and the housekeeping staff were very friendly. The computer in the lobby was a plus. Great location. Thanks Super 8

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The bed spread had burn holes in it the furniture was wear out , I sit down on the couch and thought I was going to the floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family