“Excellent service!”

Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My family and myself came to Wilmington, NC just for a family get away and the service as well as the hotel stay was great! Kema who was the clerk working at the front desk was absolutely magnificent!! I could not have chosen a better place to stay!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank 750chic
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear 750chic,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Best Western Plus; I'm very pleased you and your family had a great visit and found our staff excellent! We're grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wilmington. Thanks again for your comments!

Daly Seven, Inc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Seriously lacking in customer service. Discovered a giant COCKROACH on the wall in our room. The front desk offered no apologies. Bugs were crawling around the breakfast area. Never staying at a Best Western again.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear DPWT,

Thank you for your review. We take our cleanliness very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention to further investigate. Our housekeeping team will use your feedback to ensure we remain as clean as possible. If you'd like to discuss it further, please call me at the number below. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to have another chance in the future to give you a great visit, and again we apologize for any inconvenience.

(434) 822-2161
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We made our 3 night reservations thru HotWire. After checking in, when we went to our room on the fourth floor we discovered that our room was a very stinky smoking room. We got our first hint of smoke on that floor as soon as we got off the elevator.

I went back to the front desk; I was greeted by Darrell. I let him know, calmly, that we would not be able to stay in that room. He informed us that they were totally sold out and could not possibly accommodate our request for different room. He stated maybe something would open up the next day. I let him know we would sleep in our car or lobby before we would sleep in that room. Darrell became indignant and angered that we booked our room thru a third party...essentially blaming us for the problem. I asked him if we could cancel our room and he said they could possibly cancel the next two nights but we were on the hook for the first night..

We sat in the lobby to assess our options and considered just getting a room at a different hotel for the night. Then a walk-in customer arrived requesting a room. She said she would not take a smoking room and Darrell informed her he could give her a non smoking king room for the night. When she went out to her car, I went back to Darrell and asked him why that non-smoking room was not offered to us. Darrell became even more Incensed and countered that that room would cost more. I told him fine, we will pay the difference. He still refused and complained again in an insulting tone that it was our fault for booking thru a third party. He then tried to dismiss me to get back to helping the walk-in customer that appeared to be getting the only non-smoking room available. I refused to leave the counter until he addressed our needs before the last room was given away to someone else. He made yet another derogatory comment about using a third party agent at which point I asked him if he would prefer NOT to get referrals from HotWire?' ...his response,'YES, that would make my life easier.' A few moments later he recanted. He tried to dismiss me again and I told him I was not leaving. His response...'I'm not going to talk with you anymore!.'

We stayed in the lobby and called HotWire. They told me they would make it right or put us in a different hotel. The HotWire agent said to give her five minutes to call The front desk. We heard the phone ring and in two minutes we had a non smoking room...which was a miracle since we were told repeatedly they did not have any non-smoking rooms at any price. NO ROOMS,

What Kevin and perhaps even the manager do not understand is how to satisfy customers and keep them coming back. Train your staff who interface with customers or you will consistently lose them for good. Darrell had the opportuqity win us over with excellent customer service, instead he chose to be obstinate and alienate us.

My advice, don't take a chance on booking this hotel. Read the other negative reviews and heed the warnings.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Gene H,

Thank you for writing a detailed review of your stay. We are very sorry to hear that we did not provide you with the level of customer service you and all of our guests deserve and will use your feedback to do a better job in the future. While we do encourage our guests to book directly with us, our goal is to provide great accommodations no matter the booking source.

I have discussed your review with our manager. Though we were sold out, as it was UNCW's move-in weekend, our staff should have handled the situation in a more appropriate manner. We do apologize for any confusion regarding the "walk-in" customer you mention - she had already made a reservation for a non-smoking King room.

Please contact me at the number below if there is anything else I can do to help make this right. Again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we hope you'll allow us another opportunity in the future to give you a great stay.

(434) 822-2161
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Only there for one night while passing through. Hotel was clean, room was clean and spacious. Desk clerk was very nice and helpful. Room was on the first floor and next to the pool so it was a little noisy until the pool closed. Not really a problem and we didn't have a reservation so no complaints.

Room Tip: Room 107 has pool right outside the window and is next door to the exercise room. All was quiet once...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sharon B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and found your room clean and spacious! We appreciate your high ratings and look forward to seeing you the next time you pass through Wilmington.

Annapolis, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. The staff are very pleasant and helpful with any inquires at this hotel. Quality of the rooms and service were very much worth the pricing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Joyce H,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our Best Western Plus and are very happy to hear you found our staff helpful and felt you received great value for your money! Thanks so much for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wilmington.

LANCASTER, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My family has moved to Wilmington, and this is the ONLY location I love to stay at. I enjoy the hot items on their continental breakfast, free wifi, the pool, and the comfortable and clean beds! It's the perfect location, and a great value. You truly get your money's worth!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Best Western Plus Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Lisa N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience - we're delighted to be your top choice in Wilmington and that you feel you receive excellent value for your money! We are grateful for your 5-star ratings across the board and can't wait for your next visit. Thanks again for your review!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Good location, set back off of highway so quiet. Kema at the front desk offered exceptional service. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Clean, great beds in our room, nice décor, good breakfast!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear JMWL2014,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Best Western Plus; I'm very pleased to hear you found our staff excellent and our location was great for your needs! It's also good to read you found your guest room very comfortable and clean. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Wilmington!