“Perfect Stay for the Desperate”

Quality Inn Wilmington
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Thornton, Colorado
“Perfect Stay for the Desperate”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Only stay here if you absolutely have to. We had been staying at the Sleep Inn up the road and it was very nice but was sold out for the weekend we were there so we had to move. Unfortunately, most of Wilmington was also sold out so we had to choose between this Quality Inn, the Red Roof Inn and the Super 8 Motel. The people that checked us in were super nice and it looked the lobby had been redone so I had hope for the room. Unfortunately, my hope was dashed when we walked in. The AC could not be adjusted, it blew only frigid air on high (even though it was set to low) and the only other option was to turn it off but it was very hot out so we controlled it with the curtain. The toilet looked like it had been wiped with a very wet rag and I did not trust that it was clean so I used our antibacterial wipes to clean it myself and the toilet did not flush most of the time. My husband and I made sure we did not walk on the floor barefoot and we didn't even want to bring our own pillows into the room. We were only there to sleep and the bed was comfortable. It was a king sized bed with a queen sized headboard. The furniture is very old and dirty. I opted not to take a shower. It served its purpose I guess but we would not stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LeenerAll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at the motel for a weekend in June 2014 with a pre-paid reservation booked through Expedia. I wasn't expecting any thrills - and didn't get any. The foreign gentleman who was working at the front office when I checked-in was extremely rude, somewhat difficult to understand, and didn't seem to know how to locate pre-paid reservations in their computer system.

My room was located at the very back of the property. I was traveling alone and arrived after dark only to have to unload my car in an area of the parking lot that was poorly lit. There were also tons of men just lingering around the property all weekend. They were just sitting around in the stairwells and hallways, smoking and drinking, and would not move out of the way to let me through with my luggage. (I was told by another prior guest that these men are construction workers during the week who essentially live in the hotel. Since they're off on the weekends, they just "hang around" the property on the weekends.) As a single, young woman, traveling alone, I was not at at comfortable having this audience of strange men (in a poorly lit area) watching me go into my room. I felt unsafe the whole time I was there and even went to a nearby Target parking lot to rearrange my car, rather than doing it in front of all of these strange men.

The room itself was generally clean, with the exception of some stray beer bottles that had been left in the corner behind the AC. Housekeeping did not bother to clean the room on Saturday, so I had to visit the front desk to get clean towels. (The girl at the front desk was both polite & friendly. Where was she when I checked in?)

The location was good and it was inexpensive, but I can't recommend this motel simply based on the lack of security, poor parking lot lighting, and the loitering clientele.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Wilmington hotels

Charles Town, West Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here overnight on a trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. Having read other reviews, we weren't expecting much, and that's exactly what we got - not much. We were travelling with our dog, so we needed a pet friendly hotel. The grassy area for dogs was not grassy at all. It was covered in trash.

Our room was not very clean, and since we were only staying for one night, we didn't really even pull the covers down, we used some blankets that we brought with us.

It was very noisey at night, people yelling and running around. I didn't sleep well at all!

The lobby and breakfast area was nice, the free breakfast was just o.k.

For a one night stay and the star level, you get what you pay for. I don't think I would be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mlesznar
Statesville, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The hotel was okay, no problems. Value was great. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good. Great for one or two night stay, would not recommend for longer stay. Did not feel completely safe at the hotel due to other seedy looking patrons hanging around outside too much, but hotel was close to stores and restaurants. I rate it a B-. Got a nice rate and would stay again for a night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on a recent trip to Wilmington for a job interview. If you aren't expecting a 5 star hotel and spa, it's definitely worth the money.

The staff was friendly and allowed me to check in early to get ready for my interview. Outdoor entrances make it convenient. The breakfast area was clean and recently renovated/updated.

Pros:
- Good value for the price
- Good variety of food for breakfast
- Friendly staff and convenient location to Downtown Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach.
- Lots of restaurants nearby.

Some cons:
- Noisy neighbors but can be masked by air conditioner/TV
- Drain in the bath tub was slow.

Stayed July 2014
Talbott, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A pleasant surprise, after reading the reviews for this hotel. My company booked it for me.
And the reviews put it in my mind that, drug dealers and bugs were to be my neighbors. Yet no bugs found, no drug dealers found. Staff was very, very friendly and eager to please. Room was clean, air was cold, bed was super comfy. No loud noises, tv and wifi worked. Was more than I expected, and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I did not choose the room, but I do know they have pet friendly, and non pet friendly rooms.