“Definately a place that I will stay at again.”

Quality Inn Wilmington
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Lugoff, South Carolina
“Definately a place that I will stay at again.”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Located on Market Street, the hotel is only about ten minutes from downtown Wilmington’s historic district and the waterfront. The hotel is clean, quiet, comfortable, secure and best of all, relatively inexpensive. I found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and friendly.

They also have a “Continental Breakfast,” whatever that is: I’m still trying to figure out from what continent. They do, however, have quite a variety to choose from. It’s not the usual stale coffee, a box of cheap donuts, boxed cereal with a ration attitude thrown in. Though there is no actual cooking, to speak of, they do have a waffle machine, lots of things to stick in the toaster and the microwave. It was actually quite good.

Note: One of the things that I’m very leery of when staying anywhere and that is when you walk into your room and it smells of Lysol, Listerine or some other disinfectant. That’s not the sign of good housekeeping. That’s the sign of a cover-up. I must say that when we entered the room the only thing I could smell was clean sheets and fresh air. That’s good housekeeping!

All-in-all, this is definitely a place that my wife and I will return to the on our next visit to Wilmington.

God bless.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I was very pleased with my experience at this hotel, staying with my wife and two young daughters. The rooms were clean and comfortable, nothing special but affordable. We were able to get a pack-n-play without a problem. The piece I liked most about the experience was the staff. Housekeeping, front desk, management, everyone along the way was friendly and accommodating. The location was great as well right in between downtown Wilmington and the Beaches.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Maine
Reviewed 5 October 2010

When we drove up, we were a little worried, because the outside was dated and very average. The rooms were average, but perfectly adequate. The housekeeping staff missed our room. They were next door when we came in to shower and go back out. They didn't bother to check back. We used points for the stay. Nothing lost, nothing gained :-) However there was a river festival in town and they had a special for 2 nights for $100. This was with continental breakfast that did include waffles and yogurt. Nothing fancy at all. But a central location to beach or town. Again, perfectly adequate. I would recommend with stipulations.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Raleigh
Reviewed 14 July 2010

It's unbelievable how much travelers need to depend on hotels to go out of town and visit tourist destinations. But going to a hotel and over paying for amenties you dont need is just dumb, especially if the housekeeping does not clean the room properly. We stayed at the Holiday Inn for two nights, the rooms where nice and big, but not clean at all. The Quality Inn Hotel was an incredible hotel, it was an older a hotel but with astonishing customer service and cleanliness. Unbievable stay, when I left this hotel I knew I got my money worth, just by the smile on wife and childrens faces. I really hate to be taken advantage of, and this hotel made me feel like i was taking advantage of them, by getting a great breakfast, customer expierence, hard working staff for only $90.00 a night. I have stayed with several Quality Inns but this one the best hotels period.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We were able to check in a little earlier than normal check in time. The staff was great and the room was very reasonable (King) especially with July 4th holiday. My husband and I were very pleased with price and location. Our room was very clean and well supplied! Breakfast Cafe is wonderful as well as cookie snacks provided to guest. Awesome wifi- I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2010

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the breakfast was delicious and the pool was fun. The room and nights sleep was another matter....... To me, the beds were not comfortable (full size) and hard, the room could have been a little cleaner in keeping with the Quality standards. The price we paid was not worth it. To top it all off, the people upstairs partyed ALL night, inside and outside, did not call to complain because the bed was already keeping me up! We had a two night reservation and checked out after the first night.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We spontaneously booked our room the morning of our check-in day, we were looking for something cheap but comfortable. When we arrived that evening the room was much better than we had expected for such a cheap rate. The beds were very comfortable and clean. Not only did we get the typical hair dryer and iron but also a perfect-sized fridge and microwave. The room was very clean, nothing out of place and no strange smells. The bathroom was INCREDIBLY clean and the water pressure was fantastic! The only somewhat negative thing I can think of was that the pillows on the bed were square and kind of small, but even that was no real issue because they were still very comfortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great: juices, tea, coffee, milk, yogurts, WAFFLE MAKER :) , hard boiled eggs, cereals, toast, bagels, pastries, donuts, sausage biscuits, fruit, and more. We decided to stay a little farther from the beach on this trip, to save money on room cost. But the beach was just a few minutes drive from the property and there were many other conveniences close by. There were many restaurants and general shopping areas (Target, Walmart) within a few blocks. Overall we were thrilled with the experience we had at the Quality Inn at Wilmington. Our hotel stay was comfortable and hassle-free and that meant we only had to focus on having a great time on our vacation!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends