“Expected more for the money!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive

Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Wilmington
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Expected more for the money!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Staff was friendly. Housekeeping extra fee if staying less than a week. Kitchen was not properly stocked, we had to ask for several items just to cook. Thank God we took our own paper plates, cups, paper towels, utensils, etc. Had to ask for clean towels, wash cloths and a new garbage bag daily and was responsible for taking trash outside ourselves. May as well have gone to the nearest convenient store for breakfast, would have gotten the same items there. No fitness room or swimming pool. DRURY INN DOES IT WAAYYY BETTER @ about the same cost!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kzzek

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Last weekend we made a spur of the moment trip to Wilmington to celebrate our daughter's 22nd birthday. For the first time, I reserved a room on Priceline without knowing what property we would get. I was very pleased to find we would be staying at Extended Stay at a dirt cheap rate!

The property was very well kept. The room was functional and very clean. If you need somewhere for more than a few days, the kitchen is a huge bonus. We found the bed a little too firm, but that was the only complaint.

The motel is in a great location, midway between Historic Downtown and Wrightsville Beach. There are many restaurants and a Wal Mart within walking distance.

This is not a place for a romantic weekend. Keep in mind because it is designed for long term stays, there is only weekly maid service. However, for our brief stay it was perfect. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, I would request the top floor so you cannot hear walking above you.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndeeDawn
Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here during our relocation to the area before our apartment was ready.

Suffice it say it's adequate but offers nothing extra.

Housekeeping gets an F. No smoke alarm in our room, cigarette burn holes in the furniture and blanket. Hallway trash left to overflow and stink.

As previously reported my credit card was charged a different amount than my online reservation.

I would not stay here again and only recommend if you're desperate for a place with close beach access.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank N0mastequila
Rock Hill, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Upon entering the room, I was hit with a putrid smell that was just awful. It smelled as if someone had lived there for a long time without cleaning up. Nothing a little air freshener couldnt clear up i thought to myself. I then set my stuff down, and thats when the horror of staying at your hotel began. The room was from the outside looked ok, until I went to sit on the bed. Immediately I noticed a brown, fecal matter stain on the comforter. I was extremely grossed out by this. So I went to the front desk to tell them that I wasnt satisfied with my room. I explained to "Bobby" and the young lady who was working there that night about the condition of the room. I asked them to move me to a different room, but they explained they had no other rooms for me that night. I then told them that I was really offended by the condition of the room, and that I wanted to cancel my second night. Bobby rolled his eyes at me. The other young lady there on Friday night said that she would get me a new comforter...fine. She handed me the comforter and I thanked her. As I walked away, I was BLOWN AWAY at what I heard next. Bobby stated, "He's probably making it up." Never have i been so disrespected at an establishment. I went back to the room nearly in tears at how horrible my stay was going. I grabbed the comforter, and because I felt as though I had to defend myself and my honesty, I brought the comforter back up to the front to show them. They couldnt care less. I plead for you to watch the tapes from that night. The loud noise, dirty bathroom, and filthy dishes were something that I could ignore, but the blatant disrespect I just cannot get over. I went on to stay at a hotel the next night that was 3x the price, and despite not being able to afford it, I was stuck paying it just to get out of your establishment. Never again will I stay at an Extended Stay hotel.

2) Despite the fact that I only stayed one night, and even after I told them that I was only staying one night, my credit card was billed for the entire amount. When I called to see what could be done, I was told that it would be handled and when asked for further details about the time table involved in getting the refund, I was told that I need to take that up with my bank.

Horrible experience all around.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Michael K
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I escaped for a few days to the beach and stayed at Extended. We were very surprised by the level of service we received, front desk was very courteous and attentive. Further, when we first opened the door to the room, we were very delighted by the size of the room and the cleanliness. Good for families on the go, it had a very cozy kitchenette included in the price..... I do recommend it to all types of conscious travelers looking to get the most for a very reasonable, attractive price; and since nothing is perfect and all travelers are different, we give the hotel a 4.5 star....

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Before I booked our room here, I read a lot of reviews, most of them were mixed, some good some bad. You never know which way to lean. Well, I am here to set the story straight.

DO NOT STAY HERE, PERIOD.

First, I had a receipt in my email that says the amount that I was being charged for the room, but she argued with me that is not the case, I was being charged $100 more. WTF? How is that even allowed?

We only stayed here for two nights, with our dog. Biggest mistake of my life.

The first night we were there we came back from dinner, and playing with our dog, found fleas ALL over him! Disgusting!!!! He had not had fleas prior to the stay, and had flea medicine on him before we even got to the hotel. We had to spend upwards of $50 at Petco to ensure we kill the fleas, obviously our only concern is our dog.

When my boyfriend told the front desk, they were disgusted, & acted like it was our problem. He told them that we had him at the Vet & was flea free, and that we were not staying in that room. After multiple arguments, they moved us to the room next door. We were hoping for the best. We left the next day to go home and found even more fleas on him! EVEN THOUGH WE MOVED ROOMS. We had to spend even more money to take him back to the vet to get him checked out and ensure they won't keep coming back. This was ridiculous. We were spending more money out of our pockets on our only vacation of the summer. We had no compensation. I will be calling them today to try and get some kind of resolution.

Moral of the story? SERIOUSLY, DO NOT STAY HERE. End of story.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Missy G
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff. Curtains and blanket on bed had lots of burn holes in them. Bathroom door did not shut all the way. Bed was average for comfort. Room was clean, but dishes in cabinet were dirty. The keypad to get inside the door closest to our room was broken so we had to walk through the entire hotel to get to our room. The hallways always smelled like fried foods. The driveway into the hotel is hard to see, as the 'entrance' sign is too far back from the street and hidden by landscape.

• Stayed July 2013