TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Los Angeles, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We were very surprised when we turned the bed down and the clean sheet was ripped at the corner, exposing the mattress all the way down. When we were leaving the room to go to dinner, I happened to check that the door locked behind us. To our surprise it did not and would not lock! When we called the front desk the gentleman told us how to reset the door. Had I not been extra careful, we would have left the room with our possessions unlocked. They told us this happens frequently but never warned us when we checked in. Disappointing!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
TPS_Managment_Team, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I apologize that your stay was not satisfying. I assure you that the security measures to investigate all doors will be taken, as this is not an acceptable occurance. Our team tries to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. We will take your valuable comments to improve the services our team provides and invite you back to show you we have taken your comments to heart. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I chose this hotel because the one I'd always used before couldn't accomodate me, and I can't that that other place enough!!! From the moment I entered the hotel, I felt welcome and appreciated. The room layout was one of the best I've seen. I travel quite a bit for business and am always hoping for a convenient and safe location, clean rooms, great staff, etc. I can honestly say that this stay was one of the best I've had for business or pleasure in a long time. I will definitely be back and will highly recommend this to everyone!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for giving us a chance. Our team was so excited to read your review as we work hard to give each of our guests a home away from home feeling. We realize that traveling can be hard on you, as a former traveler I can relate to the appreciation of a simple Hello! We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you for the recommendations.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I have been a guest now for 3 months because of employment and would'nt go anywhere else. Its close to anywhere you might want to go, downtown, beaches. I have come to know the staff and they are wonderful, completely helpfull. If there is a place I am curious about going, all I have to do is ask and they will give me all the info I need. The rooms are large and very nice. The bed is GREAT!!!! I work long hours and knowing I have a great bed to sleep in is quite essential for me. Over all this is a WONDERFUL hotel!!!

Room Tip: Depending on how may people are going to be in your party, they have different size and style of roo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hi Ms. K! Thank you so much for your heartfelt words. Our team is elated that we can offer you the comforts of home while you are away. As an extended stay hotel we have the opportunity to actually get to know our guests and we are happy to have you as one of ours. As always let us know if there is anything you need. We truely appreciate you and your business.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The rooms were very clean and spacious. I would say definetely a good value for the money for the frugal business traveler.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your business and we are happy that we could meet your travel needs.
Fenwick Island, Delaware
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We have to travel with our 15 yr old dog because we cant board him anymore. Towneplace suites are very nice and reasonable. The rooms have great kitchenette areas. Very comfortable beds and updated clean bathrooms. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. Very nicely kept. They have a free breakfast which is adequate. Pretty good selection. Only downside they ran out of coffee on Sunday morning and we had to wait for them to make more but they did and apologized. If you travel with a pet this is a great place.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Scs0216
I am so glad you were able to bring your dog with you on your trip. Having pets my self, I know how they become just like family to us! We appreciate you stay and our team looks forward to welcoming you and your dog back on your future visits to Wilmington.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 May 2012

TownePlace Suites was a great place to stay with easy access to downtown Wilmington and the beaches. Great facility.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob B
Thank you so much for your comments. Our team appreciates your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Olney, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I have been visiting Wilmington during the Spring or Fall months for the past 10 years or so now from the D.C. area, and TownPlace Suites is always my hotel of choice, whether I have come with family, friends, or alone. Not only is the location convenient to Wrightsville Beach and the historic Riverfront, but the staff, rooms, & amenities are well suited for my long weekend getaways. From the front desk staff (Lisa & Ryan, to name a few during my last stay), to the breakfast & cleaning crew, they have been consistently courteous and helpful during my stay. The rooms were spotless and quite comfortable and after a long day on the beach or sightseeing, the fitness room & indoor pool & hot tub were a great place to wind down. I highly recommend it and most certainly will stay there again.

Joan H