TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Chicago, Illinois
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My mom and I visited this hotel just a few days ago and had a fabulous experience! We had arrived to Wilmington very late at night and were unsure of where to stay. We found Towneplace on expedia for an unbeatable rate! This hotel is extremely clean and homey. It is also nice and secluded hidden behind some trees. The rooms are colorful and beautifully decorated. They also include a full size desk and kitchen! The kitchen was awesome and VERY convenient considering we love to cook! This hotel is an "extended stay" hotel and although we were only there for two nights, I wish it could have been longer! Will definitely recommend this hotel to others and hopefully will be returning!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank kbauer46
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Kbauer46, Thank you for your praise on our property. I am glad you enjoyed the room! If you like it now then look forward to next year, we will be making a few upgrades. I hope you consider us your temporary home when you come to Wilmington. Thank you again for such kind words.

Fidel Lucero
Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I moved to the Towne Place Suites when their neighboring hotel (Fairfield) did not work out (big glob of hair on the shower stall wall...). Anyways, I was looking for a room with a full kitchen, a bigger gym, and a homier/friendlier feel. I totally found it here at the TownePlace in Wilmington. Give Miss LIsa a big "shout out" since she was very kind and helped get me registered quickly before I headed out to class. The gym is fit into a double-sized room area and has two treadmills, an elliptical and a recumbent bike plus a full weight rack and a bench. There is a pool and jacuzzi in the next room. The hotel is a little more "worn", since it is a beach town and I'm sure families tend to stay here on vacation since they can cook their own dinners. However, it was still a very comfortable (dorm-like) experience. The halls are brightly lit, there are stores near-by, and again...VERY FRIENDLY PEOPLE. And housekeeping did a pretty good job of making sure the bathroom was clean (again, no hair on the shower wall like there was at Fairfield). This hotel could do with a little sprucing up (wash or replace stairwell carpets and spot-clean clean some of the couches in the rooms), but I would stay here again if in town.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank anonymous196307
Burlington, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Great experience! One of the best hotels I've stayed at! The breakfast was great and the rooms are large and clean. The girl at the front desk Kim was very helpful also. Great bang for your buck here, the breakfast was also very substantial. They had eggs bacon sausage pancakes juice bagels pastries etc.

3 Thank Joshjosh57
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 January 2014

After a very long day of travel we arrived without a reservation. Kim the desk reservation person did a great job processing all of our requests and answering our questions. The staff are truly there to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We have stayed there many times and will continue to do so.

1 Thank Vicki0989
Apex,NC
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived after a disappointing evening only to be greeted by a very professional young lady named Kim. Kim went out of her way to please all of our request and answered all of our questions regarding our stay. I highly recommend this hotel & would definitely would stay there again.

1 Thank Lori M
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at the TownePlace Suites in mid November 2013. We warmly greeted by the staff and well cared for during our 3 day visit. I accidentally left my credit card in the room at check out and was called by Lisa Jordan within 2 hours. I am most grateful to her and the house keeper for saving me a world of worry and turmoil. Their honesty and integrity is most appreciated..
The hotel was extremely clean and well maintained. Our 2 small dogs loved the gluten free dog treats.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet on the first floor and allowed for easy access to the dog walk area.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank David B
Keystone Heights, Florida, United States
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We visited family in Wilmington during the Christmas holidays and stayed at TownePlace Suites for 3 nights. We were a party of 4 and requested adjoining rooms. The staff went the extra mile to get two adjourning rooms for us. The property is beautifully decorated and very clean. The kitchen had a full fridge and two burners; it was also well stocked with basic cooking and eating utensils. We did not cook but the fridge was very handy for drinks and snacks. The lobby had an extensive lil shop with snacks and beverages,,,even beer and wine. The complimentary breakfast was a good assortment of hot and cold foods. What stood out as a pleasant surprise to me was the automatic pancake machine that made two fresh pancakes by pushing a button! Also I was pleased to see turkey bacon as an option. The staff was pleasant, professional, and very accommodating! I have always liked Marriott properties and my first time staying at TownePlace Suites. I had a great stay and would recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family