“Beautiful Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Wilmington
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Beautiful Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great place to stay just under a mile of the beach. Close to a large shopping strip. The suite had a mini kitchenette with stove dishwasher et-all and fully stocked even with the dish wash detergent. The work desk was great too. This is star stuff for extended stay. At around $110 per night with tax, it was good value for money. Also the breakfast was very very good with all the basics and fresh fruits.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Avi_Trvlr, Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments for us. It always means a lot to know we made enough of an impression that you would give your input. We cannot wait to serve you further next time you make it to Wilmington!

Fidel Lucero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Fenwick Island, Delaware
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at Towne suites many times, but this time wasn't as positive as past times. They have two elevators. One was closed off with caution tape, with the doors open. Not sure how long it's been like that, but you would think marriott would be right on this.

Secondly the carpet throughout the halls, and on elevator is stained and dirty.

Thirdly, in the usually well appointed kitchenette there was no dish soap or dishwasher powder. I can't wash the utensils they provided before I used them. Not sure if they stopped supplying or forgot to put in the room.

The sofa has stains on it, and is looking pretty worn. The bathroom was clean, and well supplied and my bed is nice and clean.

I'm just a little disappointed with the decline of this hotel. I always liked staying here.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Scs0216, We are very glad that we are your choice to stay when you are in Wilmington. I am extremely anxious to announce that we are approved for upgrade next year! We are taking small steps in the meantime to improve and update our look, hence the reason our elevator was down during your stay. We have pulled that old carpet you mentioned in the elevator and put all brand new tile to refresh the look. I thank you so much for the constructive input and cant wait to show you our upgrades!

Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We spent one night here recently and it was a good place to stay. I couldn't quit laughing every time I went in the bathroom though because there is a full length mirror right in front of the commode. So you can watch yourself sit! I have never seen that placement in any other hotel.
We had a quiet room on the top floor as requested. We didn't see or hear any dogs. There were two comfortable chairs in the room useful for reading. The thermostat and fan setting made it possible to make the AC noise constant and not turning off and on all night. The breakfast area was fine but was a little cramped if more than a couple of people were trying to get something at the same time. There seemed to be several people at breakfast dressed for painting or construction work. This place would be perfect for a long term stay. There was more closet space, cabinets and drawers in the room than anywhere else I've stayed. There was a real kitchen and not just a microfrig.
The only complaint we had with the room is that all the pillows were much larger than we like. I've seen some hotel chains label pillows as firm or soft but these weren't labeled. They were just all huge. This would be good for sitting in bed watching TV but when I go to sleep I don't want my chin to almost touch my chest. The next morning my husband and I both commented that we didn't sleep good because of the extremely thick firm pillows. Even with all the good features, the reason you choose one hotel over another is the hope that you will get a good nights sleep and the pillows prevented this.
There were some minor housekeeping issues that could be easily corrected. The desk has a roll out table under it and that was covered with crumbs when we pulled it out. There were several popcorn kernels on the carpet at the end of the bed and there were some hairs on the sheets but none of those would keep us from staying here again if the price it right. The only BIG thing that would make us think twice was the pillows.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
CindyC, First I want to apologize the pillows were not what you had hoped for. I am glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise. Your imput always helps for us to take in the advice and adjust where needed. Hopefully during your next stay we can work together to get you the night sleep you deserve on a vacation. We can always accomodate with feather free pillows if that might work better.

Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed at TP by Marriott last fall for a business meeting in the area. The hotel is the typical TP; it has nice rooms, nice comp breakfast and a good fitness room. It is located in area that is convenient for both business along Hwy 17 in Wilmington as well as the Wrightsville Beach area. There are multiple restaurants and shopping options within a 5 minute drive (or less).

The only thing that I would note is a 15 minute drive (depending on traffic) to "Downtown" Wilmington; so I would take that into account when choosing your location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank elon94
Elon94, Thank you so much for your review and mentioning how much there is to do in and around the Towneplace Suites. You mentioned the fitness center, and for those that want to get outside for their workout we are just blocks away from the Citywide Trail.

Also our Front Desk staff is very knowledgeable on the area and can always give directions or point you in the right direction for dinner plans or just the sites of Wilmington.

Guset Service Manager
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I visit Wilmington at least once a year, and I've been looking for a hotel that I want to come back to, and finally I've found it! Townplace Suites is equidistant between downtown Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach, which is perfect because I like going to both.

The service is excellent and the staff are very friendly. Also, it's very clean and well-maintained. For some reason, a lot of nice hotel chains at the beach just always look dirty and kind of sketchy, but that's not the case here.

I loved having the kitchen, which included a fridge, stove, microwave, dishes, etc., and this is especially helpful if you're spending time at the beach and like bringing your own food. Additionally, breakfast is included, unlike a lot of places these days, and the other visitors I met were really nice as well.

This is where I will return next time I go to Wilmington!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank hansheat
Hansheat, we are thrilled to hear that the Towneplace is your "go-to" hotel while in Wilmington. We do our very best to accommodate to all needs, from location to amenities. We are happy to help, host and be there for anything you need. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff extremely helpful and friendly. They always spoke and were eager to answer questions and help us in any way they could. Our room was clean and very comfortable. The complementary breakfast was way better than expected. The location in respect to downtown and the beach was perfect. I was really pleasantly surprised. Will definitely stay there again. The only thing I wish would have been better was the temperature of the indoor pool. It was a little chilly but not so bad that we didn't enjoy it. I would rate our stay an A+.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Sabrina M
TPS_Managment_Team, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Sabrina, Thank you for your comments about the hotel and staff. It is honestly words like this that make what we do so worth it. I am happy you enjoyed your stay and we would love to host you again soon!

Centennial, CO
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Very roomy hotel room. Small pool, nice breakfast, convenient location. Evening reception during the week, I believe (it was definitely there the Thursday night we arrived -- beer and pizza). Ten minutes to the beach.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NYDub
NYDub, I'm glad we were able to accommodate your needs during your trip. I hope you make us your destination when you make it back to Wilmington.