“If you like Thai give this place a try”

The Bento Box sushi
Ranked #73 of 698 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$3 - US$17
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The menu offers food from Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, China, and Korea. The focal point of The Bento Box is the sushi bar where guests can interact with the Sushi Chefs to create a unique dining experience or you may enjoy the private dining room for an intimate small group, the outdoor patio with its zen rock garden and water fountains or the sake lounge. The Bento Box sources as much organic and sustainably grown product as possible. Whether it's salmon from Scotland, hamachi from Kyushu Japan, or free range chicken, organic vegetables, and natural pork from North Carolina, we continuously seek out the best products to serve our guests.
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

While visiting Wilmington we stumbled upon this place. Don't let the strip mall location prevent you from trying it. Cool atmosphere - the place was hopping on a Friday night. There was a long wait so we ordered take out and ate at the beach. Portions were perfectly sized. Spicy tofu paid Thai - wow what a kick! The Thai fried rice had a nice spicy kick as well - lots of flavor and a good amount of shrimp in the rice. If we lived in the area we would love to be frequent customers. Unfortunately we did not get to try the sushi. Hopefully on a next visit. Staff were very friendly as well.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Service was top notched, cool atmosphere, and great food! The dessert is a must have, got to try the fried dark chocolate. I had the peanut dipping sauce. We are just visiting but if we lived here this would be our sushi spot for sure!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Truly enjoyed the pad Thai. Lots of choices of sushi and Asian dishes. Gluten free choices are clearly marked.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Chef Lee and his staff are all too notch. The freshness and texture of the sashimi cuts here are always off the boat fresh. Chef Lee has a video camera over his station that allows guest to watch him prepare food. I enjoy having an early lunch here and watching as Chef Lee breaks down the fresh fish as they are shipped in daily. That's right, no frozen fish is found here. He receives fresh fish daily from local water and his organic salmon is received while as well. With precision Chef Lee removes all the meat from the fish and prepares it into larger cuts for the sushi chef stations daily.

Bento Box in Wilmington doesn't advertise and they are hidden in the NW corner of the Forum shopping area across from Mayfaire Mall on Military Cutoff Rd.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I know I have written before about how the good the Bento Box is. I went again early on Monday and it was even better than usual. To start with I got to watch Chef Lee prepare a fresh piece of Bluefin tuna. He was explaining the different parts of the fish to me and I tried some of each. The fish was so fresh I swear I could still taste the salt water. My standard crab salad, which I really like was excellent as usual, the rolls that are made are like edible art work and the sushi was absolutely the best I have ever had. No where in the USA can you get better sushi. We are so lucky to have such a great restaurant in little ole Wilmington.