“Great Southern Food Experience”
Review of The Basics

The Basics
Ranked #26 of 724 Restaurants in Wilmington
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to The Basics for brunch , lunch and dinner . Each time I enjoyed the southern classic food in a wonderful atmosphere .Their daily specials are wonderful and the vegetables and soups are outstanding . The staff is always very attentive and friendly to your every need . I find The Basics to be the most reliable and consistent restaurant in Wilmington to always receive a great meal and service at very reasonable prices . I would highly recommend Basics to anyone looking for southern cooking at its best . The Basics is very family friendly and a terrific kids menu . The Basics is located on Front Street downtown .

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

On my girls weekend to Wilmington, we stopped in for lunch. Although the restaurant was busy we received excellent service and friendly care. The salads are very nice with interesting combinations and the sandwiches and sides were delicious. We started with the fried oyster appetizer. Totally set the mood for the meal! Everyone was pleased, even a first timer☺️.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

While other downtown restaurants were crowded, we got a seat immediately. They have a good kids menu, with an amazingly fancy fruit plate. The side dish choices are varied and delicious. We enjoyed the Mac and cheese and okra. I had the shrimp and grits, and I agree with the other reviewers, they are delicious! The food was a good value for the price. Service was friendly and attentive, though the food came out a little slowly. I would have given it 5 stars, except they have no beers on tap because they don't have enough room for kegs. They have a pretty good beer selection, but sometimes there's just nothing as satisfying as a draft beer.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is now the 4th or 5th time we have eaten at The Basics. Excellent service, excellent Southern food. They have a fixed price offer of 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts, with any bottle of wine on the list..........all for $65!! During Restaurant Week, the deal is even better. Whether a local or a visitor in Wilmington, you cannot go wrong with The Basics.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Basics is a top favorite for me downtown. What a cool two story location in the cotton exchange! They have a fantastic menu, with many different selections. The daily specials are always good as well. They have sunday breakfast too. If I have a client in town, I will usually take them here for lunch. The BBQ sandwich is fantastic. They make a home-made bbq sauce that it is cooked in, but then also a vinegar based side sauce you can have on top as well... to die for! Highly recommend the potato cake as a side.

1  Thank GoHeels50