“awesome!”

Ranked #18 of 711 Restaurants in Wilmington
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The Co-Co Cola cake was a slice of heaven. The dark meat of the bird was one of the juciest things I've ever had.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are regulars at The Basics. We adore their Sunday brunch menu! Aside from the most delicious regular items (spinach feta grill/the southern Benedict) they also ALWAYS have yummy specials on the blackboard. They have delicious side items; we love the biscuits and the potato cake. The food is fresh and served piping hot! They keep your coffee full the entire time. The servers are consistent, friendly, and efficient. We absolutely adore everything The Basics has to offer!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to The Basics for brunch , lunch and dinner . Each time I enjoyed the southern classic food in a wonderful atmosphere .Their daily specials are wonderful and the vegetables and soups are outstanding . The staff is always very attentive and friendly to your every need . I find The Basics to be the most reliable and consistent restaurant in Wilmington to always receive a great meal and service at very reasonable prices . I would highly recommend Basics to anyone looking for southern cooking at its best . The Basics is very family friendly and a terrific kids menu . The Basics is located on Front Street downtown .

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

On my girls weekend to Wilmington, we stopped in for lunch. Although the restaurant was busy we received excellent service and friendly care. The salads are very nice with interesting combinations and the sandwiches and sides were delicious. We started with the fried oyster appetizer. Totally set the mood for the meal! Everyone was pleased, even a first timer☺️.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

While other downtown restaurants were crowded, we got a seat immediately. They have a good kids menu, with an amazingly fancy fruit plate. The side dish choices are varied and delicious. We enjoyed the Mac and cheese and okra. I had the shrimp and grits, and I agree with the other reviewers, they are delicious! The food was a good value for the price. Service was friendly and attentive, though the food came out a little slowly. I would have given it 5 stars, except they have no beers on tap because they don't have enough room for kegs. They have a pretty good beer selection, but sometimes there's just nothing as satisfying as a draft beer.