“What A Ride! A Real Blast”

Cape Fear Segway Tours
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Wilmington
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of historic downtown Wilmington and the riverfront (voted most scenic riverfront in the nation)according to USA Today. Must be at least 13 to participate and under 270lbs. Reservations are required! Due to the construction downtown, most tours will start at 602 Surry St with free parking.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My wife and I always wanted to try a Segway and while visiting her aunt in Wilmington we decided to give it a try. I'll admit we were a bit nervous at the beginning. But Damon had us up and going and feeling comfortable within 5 minutes. If a 65 year old and 63 year old can get the hang of this thing then anyone can. While it was enjoyable learning about Wilmington the best thing was whirling around on this odd contraption. A real hoot. And yes Damon is a bit of a comedian which made the ride even more enjoyable. Give it a try. You will love it.

3  Thank Rowe332
There are newer reviews for Cape Fear Segway Tours

Reviewed 4 October 2011

My friend and I took this tour which was our first time on segways, and it was great. Damon really knows how to make you feel comfortable on these weird machines. I do wish that we had received more historical information and less TV and movie trivia, however. Sometimes it felt like we were the audience in a comedy club on a slow night... It was a great value, and I would do it again.

1  Thank lisa_e_s
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My wife and I did this Segway tour in Downtown Wilmington during our Anniversary weekend. We had both taken a Segway tour before in Epcot, and I can honestly say that this tour is so much better. Prior experience is not necessary and you will be given ample time to feel comfortable on the Segway, which won't take long. Damien was our tour guide and he made the trip so much fun. This tour is well worth the money and we will be going back to take the advanced tour.

1  Thank uchmangreg
Reviewed 15 August 2011

We had trouble getting downtown and they were very accomidating, rescheduling us to a later tour. The Guide was so funny and made us feel at ease and was very entertaining along with being full of knowledge of the area. I would recommend anyone who has always wanted to ride a Segway to make a resivation and do it!

1  Thank ginaobx
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I'm a OTH fan and this tour was just perfect! It was my first time on a segway, even though I was nervous, Damon and Richard made it quite easy and finally I was very secure using it! Love the whole tour! And Damon is the funniest man ever! Love every joke he made, his spanish phrases...the highlight of the tour! I recommend it to everyone who visits Wilmington!!!

1  Thank leon23150800