“Segway tours are the best way to see a place!”

Cape Fear Segway Tours
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Wilmington
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of historic downtown Wilmington and the riverfront (voted most scenic riverfront in the nation)according to USA Today. Must be at least 13 to participate and under 270lbs. Reservations are required! Due to the construction downtown, most tours will start at 602 Surry St with free parking.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was my 13th time on a Segway - that's how much I like them. I bought a coupon knowing I would be heading to Wilmington at some point. The owner, Richard, was super accommodating when the first scheduled trip was rained out as was the second. He let me use the coupon beyond the expiration date.
I was so looking forward to another fun time, but was disappointed by the tour guide. Instead of taking advantage of my excitement of Segways and questions about the area, I felt tamped down. Granted, it must be tough having an experienced and enthusiastic person on the tour when you have four others to think about as well, but other tour guides have been able to work with me and I have given great reviews (I hand out flyers, talk up Segways with passerby, assist newbies and bring up the rear.).
If you are an experienced rider, you might want to ask if you can be on a tour with others who are or ask for a special tour.

3  Thank smlnmyt
There are newer reviews for Cape Fear Segway Tours

Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

Our tour guide was amazing and funny and made us very comfortable learning to ride the segway. Best tour hands down.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

What fun ! A great way to see Wilmington.
Damon, the guide, was magnificent, interesting, entertaining, and patient.
The tour itself was the historical + waterfront. A great two hours.
Viewed and reviewed history, architecture, water front boardwalk, all in an entertaining, fun way.
I would recommend it for sure.

1  Thank mulltiflyer
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My family went on the two hour tour today for my husbands 50th birthday. No experience on these, but we didn't have a problem at all. Damond gave us a lot of history and fun facts and we even got to see a movie in production. Would definitely do it again! Had a blast!

1  Thank dhucks88
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Great way to spend a beautiful afternoon along the waterfront. Learned a bit, laughed a lot, met some nice people, and enjoyed our guide, Damon.