“Great time, highly recommended”

Cape Fear Segway Tours
Ranked #3 of 39 Tours in Wilmington
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway tours of historic downtown Wilmington and the riverfront (voted most scenic riverfront in the nation)according to USA Today. Must be at least 13 to participate and under 270lbs. Reservations are required! Due to the construction downtown, most tours will start at 602 Surry St with free parking.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time, highly recommended”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We found Cape Fear Segway tours on TripAdvisor. Based on the comments we thought we would give it a try. Richard was a great tour guide, we took the historical tour and learned a lot. A few of us were nervous about having never rode a Segway before and he made it very simple and fun. We are definitely returning for another tour. We would all highly recommend it.

Kurtis, Charlene, Connor and Sheridan
Lindsay, Ontario, Canada

Visited April 2014

Traverse City, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun afternoon!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

We came here on vacation to visit friends who live here in Wilmington and thought this would be fun. This was the favorite activity on our trip by far!! Richard, the owner, was very informative on the historical portion of the tour and very friendly. The Segway's were very easy to learn to drive and a ton of fun! A must do if you come here!! I would highly recommend it!

Raleigh, North Carolina
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Fun! Fun! Fun!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We treated 4 teens/young adults to a tour of the Wilmington Riverfront and they had a BLAST! The owner was their guide and the "kids" had so much fun and learned quite a bit of interesting history as well. The tour was safe and the guide was "cool" and "knowledgeable". We will do this for the kids again and probably for ourselves as well. Great way to spend a couple of hours!

Visited March 2014
Lawrenceville, Georgia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Yes, It's a 5!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We were visiting Wilmington and decided to try Cape Fear Segway. Richard, the owner, created a tour to meet our plans. So, he trained just two of us and off we went. Richard is very friendly, patient, and interesting, having worked in film before owning Cape Fear Segway. We toured the older neighborhoods near the Waterfront and he pointed out homes such as one of the only two "Sears" homes in Wilmington (ordered from the catalog and put together earlier in the 20th Century), the home with the last remaining hitching post in the city, and other historic homes and buildings. He also took us along the Waterfront and to the opposite end, where building is taking place along the Cape Fear River to create more attractions. I had never been on a segway, but it was very easy to learn to operate, and we learned a lot of history and interesting facts on the tour. He gave us recommendations for evening dining. It was the most fun we had on our visit to Wilmington.

Visited October 2013
NC
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Segway tours are the best way to see a place!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This was my 13th time on a Segway - that's how much I like them. I bought a coupon knowing I would be heading to Wilmington at some point. The owner, Richard, was super accommodating when the first scheduled trip was rained out as was the second. He let me use the coupon beyond the expiration date.
I was so looking forward to another fun time, but was disappointed by the tour guide. Instead of taking advantage of my excitement of Segways and questions about the area, I felt tamped down. Granted, it must be tough having an experienced and enthusiastic person on the tour when you have four others to think about as well, but other tour guides have been able to work with me and I have given great reviews (I hand out flyers, talk up Segways with passerby, assist newbies and bring up the rear.).
If you are an experienced rider, you might want to ask if you can be on a tour with others who are or ask for a special tour.

Visited June 2013