“Fun in Wilmington !”

Cape Fear Segway Tours
Ranked #3 of 40 Tours in Wilmington
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Segway tours of historic downtown Wilmington and the riverfront (voted most scenic riverfront in the nation)according to USA Today. Must be at least 13 to participate and under 270lbs. Reservations are required! Due to the construction downtown, most tours will start at 602 Surry St (Dram Tree Park) with free parking.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Great segway tour along the waterfront and in the historic district in Wilmington. This was a new experience for our teenage children and Richard was exceptional in providing all the necessary instruction. He gave a great tour of the area and my kids have already asked that the next time we go to Wilmington we have to segway with Richard again ! Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

So one of the things I've always wanted to do was try out a segway. Super dorky but...hey I can't always be too cool. So we reached out to Richard about a tour and he called and emailed to coordinate with us which was great. We arrived and had some time to warm up and get comfortable riding and then we were off for an hour+ tour of some of Wilmington's top sites. We moved at a comfortable pace and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. We'd recommend it for anyone. Also, Just to close the loop, when watching the instructional video make sure to ask for the Boston version...wicked cool.

1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came to Wilmington for the day and decided to go on a Segway Tour. It was our first time ever trying one and it was a very pleasant experience. Our guide, Richard was phenomenal. He kept the ride fun, entertaining, and shared some of Wilmington's history. We definitely recommend this place and will be coming back!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We took this tour with Richard it was great . We got watch them film a scene for Sleepy Hallow and see all the cool history in Wilmington. The instruction was great my wife was a little nervous at first but in no time she was like a Segway ninja . A must do if you are in Wilmington thanks again Richard .

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family cannot not say enough good things about this tour. There were 6 of us, 4 under the age of 22...ALL had a wonderful time. The young adults enjoyed the segways themselves as did the 2 "older adults" but also really enjoyed Richard's historic and other interesting information during the tour. We did the Waterfront tour with some historic sites. Absolutely interesting and informative. If you've never done a segway tour (as I haven't and was nervous), Richard is absolutely a wonderful teacher and by the end of the tour I as begging to go again. Will do this again real soon and do the Deep South tour.