“Very Poor Customer Service”

Tregembo Animal Park
Boiling Springs, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Very Poor Customer Service”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We recently took our 6 year old grandson to Tregembo Zoo. It had been raining but had stopped so we took a chance. We walked into the zoo and 15 minutes later, the heavens let loose. We were soaked. There was lightning and thunder; It was awful. We had to take cover in the rest rooms. We went back into the store and asked the owners if they would give us a rain check for the next day. Our grandson wanted so badly to see the animals. The owners were totally rude to us. I told them we were from other state; they didn't care. They said they had been burned too many times before on rain checks??????? They had our money. We saw about five animals and from what we saw, they did not look as if they were properly cared for, especially the Bengal Tiger - extremely under weight, very skinny and anxious. We'll, we weren't going to pay another $35 the next day so we left without seeing the animals. Good Customer Service goes along way but we did not receive it at all.

21 Thank meemers04

Wade, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Sad, not very professional or caring”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I LOVE animals and the outdoors. I was so happy to find this zoo. The first indication that something was not quite right was the fact that I was given no receipt for the admission.... the cashier refused to give me one saying "it will mess up my machine to tear off the tape" That seemed VERY odd. We went outside and seeing all these animals in cages, some quite small was heart wrenching. In all fairness, not all the animals seemed cramped. But some obviously needed a lot more space. So then, don't have those animals that need more space. I love animals but only keep them if you have the proper room. A visit to the gift shop once again yielded no receipt!!!! Very odd!

11 Thank Elaine R
Leland, North Carolina
101 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend a few hours, with or withou kids”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

After going by this spot many times, and thinking it looked sketchy, a friend mentioned how nice it really is, once inside. It's larger than I expected, and the animals looked well cared for. While certainly not in the fanciest of surroundings ( some really should have more room to roam), they are not in little cages. There are bags of peanuts and corn for sale for $1 each, and there are signs letting you know which to give by each section. We enjoyed our time here, but I think the best time to go would be early morning, when the place opens. Save some of that food for tge back half of the zoo. The animals back there were more interested in being fed. I suspect others, like us, had run out of food by the time we got back there!

1 Thank LoisNCNY
Roxboro
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Mixed Feelings about this place”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My son loves seeing animals, especially up close. We have passed by this place several times but finally decided to stop this past weekend. We enjoyed being able to see the animals up close and feed some of them peanuts or corn. It's not a very big place and from what I hear, the animals were all born in captivity, none have ever been in the wild. There is a sidewalk in most of it but not all the way through. I was saddened by the size of some of the animals cages, and how pitiful some of them looked. There is a bear there that just stole my heart. He was huge but had a small living space. I stood for a long time throwing peanuts to him to get him to move around because at one time he would kind of drag his back legs to the peanuts instead of getting up to walk. I went back later to check on him and he was standing which made me feel somewhat better. The leopard paced so much we couldn't even get a picture of it. The monkeys were very cute and active. The alligator habitats were near the goats and pigs and of course, when we looked for the alligators, they were facing those poor animals. All I could think was, please don't let those alligators find a way into those pens. I'm not going to be one of those that says I won't go back because I probably will.

2 Thank A_A_BRoxboro
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“I wish I could give you a better rating”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I took my four grandchildren last week. Everyone was very nice but the animals looked really sad. Ok, I know that sound odd but they did. Most habitats didn't have water we could see. The zoo area for the animals was way too small. The lion and giraffe were alone. Can you imagine spending your life in a cage, alone? The whole thing just left me sad. My grand kids even commented how lonely the lion and bear looked.

It's nice Wilmington has a zoo but wouldn't these animals be better served to be part of the bigger zoo in Raleigh? Just wondering :(

11 Thank Sherifrost